SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Latest bling from the German Mastershop - The X5 Facettes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest bling from the German Mastershop - The X5 Facettes Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Or, I like to call it the Quartz Crystal. Big Grin

Brought to you by the wonderful folks at MMBI.

Space age, futuristic, amazing, and stunning sum it up for me. From a few distant pics available online, I've been wondering how well defined the carving was. In hands, it's much deeper than what those pics convey, and that makes me very happy. I tried to capture those lines with the close-ups.

So, what else is different between the Facettes and other Xguns, beside the obvious carving on the slide, the grip frame's front strap, and the front of the trigger guard?

1- Look Ma, no rail! Gotta love that. Big Grin
2- No typical cocking serrations (rear or front). The entire slide serves as cocking "serrations".
3- No X-FIVE rollmark at the usual place on the left side of the slide. Instead, they carved in the nice "SIG SAUER" instead.
4- Triple serial numbers, but where is the number on the slide that's usually on the right side? They put it on the inner surface on this one.

Some other things to round out the description: Supermatch grips, Supermatch trigger, skeletonized hammer. Trigger pull is light and super crisp worthy of the Mastershop label.

Can't wait to get to the range.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Wow!
That's a very cool gun.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incredible pistol!

Posts: 152 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Man, I can’t wait for you to shoot it, desire something else, and then offer this as karma. Man~o~man am I in.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wow, at first glance, I thought it was laser engraving. But subsequent photos, it ain't Smile

Nice. That is really cool, Q.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is wicked cool.

You do have some of the best. I am thrilled you share them with all of us.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is cool!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Q, your collection keeps getting better and better. This one is exceptional.

Enjoy the range time. Looking forward to the report.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
That is great! Like a piece of art that goes bang...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's way cool, Q!

Geeky as I am, I'm curious about the 2D bar code peened into the slide. It reads 0013238479... is that significant to this particular gun?

(I can't read the one in the pic above that...)

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That’s a pretty cool looking piece, especially after seeing the closeups.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh.My.Goodness

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It belongs in Deus Ex.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That’s beautiful! I like the matching details at the front strap and triggerguard. The presentation is definitely unorthodox, but that’s the appeal. Very cool! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Karma? I'm all over it. Kidding aside, stunning. Is it called X5 Facettes? Thanks for showing us such a gem. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is very cool.

Is it my eyes, or have the facettes been media blasted? They appear to have texture.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing. I do love the fact you take all these special firearms to the range. While I don't have the collection you do, anything I own, I shoot. No safe queens for me.

As an aside, when speaking with MMBI, did Margie have any comment about the new distributor for Sig de, Legacy Int'l?

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I like geometric patterns and call me crazy, but I’m not a fan. The facettes make the slide appear cosmetically fragile. Guess I’m tired of all the flashy slide cuts and patterns from the EU Mastershop. The standard sized P210 Midnight, now that is a beautiful pistol, particularly when paired with walnut grips.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is very nice. You have some beautiful Elite P-210 & X-series pistols!

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't wait to get to the range.

This is what I LOVE. So many people fret about should I shoot it or not. Guns are made to be shot, toys made to be played with, cars made to be driven and wine is to be drunk. I mean an original .45 Luger...maybe but pretty much everything else rock on.

Enjoy it in good health. I don't like a lot of SIG's "VIKING" pistols or whatever but this and that skeletonized P210 of yours are AWESOME. I love this thing.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post