SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Early New Model Single-Six & Ruger Customer Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Early New Model Single-Six & Ruger Customer Service Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
Since posting a photo of my 1973 vintage New Model Single-Six convertible in a previous thread, the revolver began displaying a problem during cocking. On occasion, the cylinder was binding which would prevent a full cock of the hammer. Manipulating the cylinder would temporarily alleviate the problem which was clearly intermittent. After a quick e-mail to Ruger, they requested I send my revolver back to their service center for inspection. Within a week I received a call from the technician who explained the base pin in my revolver was from an Old Model Single-Six which was causing incompatibility issues with the transfer bar safety system. He offered to return the old base pin in case I also owned an Old Model revolver (which I do not). Of course, since I purchased my revolver used I could offer no explanation for the swapped base pins. In short, Ruger installed the correct base pin, replaced the gate spring, checked the internals and did a function check/test fire. My revolver is repaired, the action feels more crisp and it was back in my hands in 12 calendar days. Well done Ruger.

First year production Ruger New Model Single-Six Convertible

Posts: 3501 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally have had several encounters with Ruger customer service and they've all been terrific. My latest one I got my gun back in six business days and of course no charge for shipping or repair I can't say enough good things about Ruger customer service

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Ruger Service has always done right by me.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience with a Bearcat was similar to yours. Ruger replaced the basepin, which solved the issues.
They did update the internals, but that was OK with me as I prefer having the six shots available.
They installed a new set of grips, and returned all of the old parts!
A previous experience with Ruger so long ago I can't remember the particulars was also quick and painless.

Jim

Posts: 1348 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never been much into Rugers, my limited use being a couple old model single actions of my dad’s, a few of the ubiquitous 10/22’s and my current pocket carry an LCP 2. The customer service is know to be excellent and much more importantly you rarely need it.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Great summary, we tend to only hear the bad experiences.
Thanks for sharing the good experience here from Ruger.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have lots of praise for Ruger's customer service in the instances I've needed them.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's good to know Ruger takes care of their customers.

I've yet to have a problem with my Rugers; they are not the most refined firearms, but they've proven very, very robust.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post