SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Are people dumping the P239?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are people dumping the P239? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

I'm keeping mine. The .357 dak had work done by Robert burke.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
So, are all of you that say a 239 is too heavy for the low capacity feeling the same way about 1911s?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
So, are all of you that say a 239 is too heavy for the low capacity feeling the same way about 1911s?

I do.

I have a .45 Shield with the same capacity as a 1911, yet is lighter, slimmer and shoots better than most 1911s, ( to me anyways ).

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no plans to sell my P239. In fact, I may buy another one. If it isn't hammer fired, I have no use for it.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Honestly, this is a good thing.

P239 lovers can find a lot of spare pistols, mags and parts for cheaper than before.

Those unloved guns can go somewhere they are appreciated. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

Yes
For sure.

I have one 1911, a Colt that I bought simply to have and shoot for fun. I've never considered carrying it.

Are these low capacity, metal guns obsolete? Heck no. But many consider them outclassed by more modern polymer-framed guns with greater capacity.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:

yes I have a glock 30s now much better 10 rounds lighter weight e.t.c.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
I have no plans to sell my P239. In fact, I may buy another one. If it isn't hammer fired, I have no use for it.

Amen

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am cursed with little hands. Strong, just small. Nothing fits my hand better than a single stack. I own two P239’s and a Kahr T9 amongst others. A single stack that I can shoot really well beats a double stack that is uncomfortable for me.

I had to carry Glocks at work for 15 years. Great guns. I shot them well. But, I had to work at it and, never really felt like I had the control I do with a single stack. For me, there is a natural index I can get from a single stack.

And, yes, I’m back to carrying a 1911. The ergonomics and shootability does outweigh capacity for me.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always liked the idea of the P239, but I never felt that I could conceal it any better than a P228, so I never felt the urge to purchase one.

Posts: 253 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to disagree. I own both the 239 and the 228. While I can conceal the 228, the 239 is hands down the winner when it comes to concealment. It is just easier to conceal a single stack. The real question for me is are 9 rounds enough or do I need 15? For off duty carry I feel 9 are enough while when on duty it's a 226 with 19.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
While I am currently giving the nod to my G19 for CCW, I am keeping my P239 9mm. It is an excellent choice for CCW, just less rounds available.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dumped my P239 15 years ago for the much better P225.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00464b:
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:

Amen

Hear ! Hear !

Preach it, again, brother ! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While many prefer these small, light weight, sub-compact tiny concealed carry pistols, I prefer a "fighting pistol" with a little more weight, size and substance. I don't want to get into a capacity war, but if you are not a LEO, a first responder, security professional or a military operative, 8 +1 with a possible spare mag in your pocket is fine. IMHO: the P239 is big enough to be a fighting gun and small enough to be easily concealed carried with more than enough capacity. I have a couple P239's and have been thinking about conceal carrying them instead of my others....

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly Vinnie

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I no longer carry my 239 IWB (replaced it with a G27 that gets a lot of abuse) but I'll also never sell it.

I think these will be great pistols to get new shooters into the classic P-series Sig line that otherwise couldn't afford an all metal SIG.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flhr95:
I live in central Florida, can't believe the amount of under $500 P239's for sale on local sites. One of my favorite go to's and when you see them from 4 to 5 hundred dollars it makes you wonder if people are dumping them just because they are not made anymore.

They are not dumping them because they are no longer made, they are dumping them because the f'n mags are $100 each.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't think of selling my 239 in .40. It's just too good of a shooter in my hands. I'm a thin guy and single stacks conceal far better than double stacks, thus the 239, 2 1911's, 938 and 238 are my carry options. My wife and I are in our 70's and are never in parts of town at night where we might run into trouble, so 8 rds are more than enough.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post