SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Are people dumping the P239?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are people dumping the P239? Login/Join 
posted
I live in central Florida, can't believe the amount of under $500 P239's for sale on local sites. One of my favorite go to's and when you see them from 4 to 5 hundred dollars it makes you wonder if people are dumping them just because they are not made anymore. Guess it is time to ask for forgiveness from the financial gods (Wife) and take advantage of some good deals.

Posts: 263 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Nothing more than normal; you just notice them more because they're 86'ed. I saw too brand new P239 SAS models at a shop today

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
In the grand scheme of what SIG sells in the DA/SA pistol market, the P239 was never a hot seller. P239s are selling (most aptly not selling) at the same rate they always have. Now, people just know to be outraged. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, people just know to be outraged. Smile

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I bought mine for 450.00 years ago. So they aren't really giving out deals. When you think about it you can buy smaller, lighter guns with more capacity for less money!! So I assume some are "upgrading"

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
It doesn't help that you can't get mags or parts. Who wants a tool that may have a very short life if it has a hiccup.
I love my P239 (and the extra mags and parts I was able to get), BUT, now, if someone asks, I tell them to get a Glock.

Imagine a P365 you couldn't get fixed. Who would buy one? No matter the sales history, no one wants a paper weight.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
It doesn't help that you can't get mags or parts. Who wants a tool that may have a very short life if it has a hiccup.
I love my P239 (and the extra mags and parts I was able to get), BUT, now, if someone asks, I tell them to get a Glock.

Imagine a P365 you couldn't get fixed. Who would buy one? No matter the sales history, no one wants a paper weight.

99 percent of the gun buying public do not care about mags or parts. Sorry.

They buy a Uncle Mikes nylon hoslster, a box of practice ammo and a box of “good” ammo.

The lack of mags or parts doesn’t help or hurt the 239 with virtually all of the market. When you can buy a gun that holds more rounds, and is cheaper, and weighs less, that is what nailed the coffin shut.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

99 percent of the gun buying public do not care about mags or parts. Sorry.

They buy a Uncle Mikes nylon hoslster, a box of practice ammo and a box of “good” ammo.

The lack of mags or parts doesn’t help or hurt the 239 with virtually all of the market. When you can buy a gun that holds more rounds, and is cheaper, and weighs less, that is what nailed the coffin shut.

Huh? Wait, you mean my 239 that has a warranty that I bought over 10 years ago is just a paper weight now?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it's still one of the finest pistols ever produced. You are a lucky man to own one.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ya nailed it. That's exactly what the typical handgun buyer does. Okay, perhaps a Blackhawk nylon instead of the UM. Maybe a cleaning kit, though often they'll reason that they can pick that up later...after they go out and shoot their gun, if that ever happens at all. Because the other common thing that they say when they do come back: "I still haven't shot it yet."

Sorry about the drift.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I doubt the majority of P239 owners will ever need it serviced or a part replaced due to failure. It’s more reliable than owners are proficient...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 225A replaced it for me.
My .40 is for sale.

225A just feels better. I shoot it better. Figure they will bring it out in 40 and 357 eventually.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I traded my 239 in .357 SIG to a friend for an XDm 4.5 in .45 ACP, back around 2010 or so and never looked back.

After I'd moved down here to the South, its weight and relatively low capacity became an issue for me. Don't get me wrong, it was a great shooter, but once I caught on to Gen 4 Glocks, ( 32/31 ) that was all she wrote for the 239.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would i ever dump my Sig P239 SAS that shoots 40s&w, .357sig and 9mm has laser grips Smile.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The 239 is an excellent pistol; in 9mm, it is a complete pussycat to shoot and a natural pointer.

Sure, there are smaller pistols out there, but anyone that complains about trying to conceal a 239 isn't trying hard enough.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
low capacity, heavy gun. supply and demand.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Reliable, mid-weight handgun and on the thin side for concealment. In 357 Sig all the power you need for everything other than grizzle bear.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dumped mine about 10 years ago. It was my first Sig and I took a course at the Sig Academy with it back in about 2000. It shot well, but too big and heavy for the capacity (40/357).

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned my 239 for many years, and plan to keep it for many more. I shoot this pistol quite well(not common for me and many semi-autos), and can see no reason to sell a handgun that I can shoot well. I don't feel that I need 50+ rounds in a plastic handgun to be properly armed.....just my opinion.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

I don't either, but there are now several better options for carrying 8-10 rounds that are lighter and smaller than my 239. I switched to a G27 and may eventually go to the P365.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post