SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sights for G34 for home protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sights for G34 for home protection Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
My G34 is my bedroom pistol. It's also a gun range toy, but I don't do any competition with it.

what sights are LEO or others using on their glocks, especially the long slides?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...th-front-dot-outline.

I am using these for my duty g34 gen 5.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Trijicon HD's on all my Glocks. On the G34 I have the XR sight, which is a bit thinner front post.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I use the Trijicon HD's on all my Glocks. On the G34 I have the XR sight, which is a bit thinner front post.

This is my go-to as well. Love the thin front sight.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I have Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on several of my Glocks but recently put their iDot sight on my G30 and like it a lot.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trijicon GL01

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I've used Ameriglo I-Dot Pros but recently tried their "Agent" sights available via Brownells - basically their version of Trijicon HDs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my glocks have Ameriglo Agent sights. When I get a G34, It'll have all black sights (or Dawsons with a fibre-optic front, reason being that I don't want to see multiple dots if I put an optic on it.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a TLR1 light on it and the sights are kind of immaterial. You blind the person and then you have time to line up even the stock sights.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

This is my go-to as well. Love the thin front sight.

Yep. All day long, twice on Sundays.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote is for trijicon hd’s

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
My G34 is my bedroom pistol. It's also a gun range toy, but I don't do any competition with it.

what sights are LEO or others using on their glocks, especially the long slides?

Ameriglo Hacks with orange front or Trijicon HD XR with orange front. Both impeccable.

By the way, great choice in a home defense pistol.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I've used Ameriglo I-Dot Pros but recently tried their "Agent" sights available via Brownells - basically their version of Trijicon HDs.

Sorry to ask a question outside the OP's original, but how do you like the Ameriglo Agents?

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domino:
I put a TLR1 light on it and the sights are kind of immaterial. You blind the person and then you have time to line up even the stock sights.

A flashlight doesn't trump speed.

What's important are the sights, unless you plan to fight with the light. Getting that front sight on target and pressing the shot out is what's crucial. I wouldn't count on a light buying time to gain proper sight alignment.

A light illuminates the target, clearly marks you and makes you a target, and doesn't reduce the amount of time you have to draw, press, and fire. It does make the pistol a lot bulkier though, and there's more to manipulate, more controls, a real possibility of illuminating yourself or someone else, and of fine motor skills going awry under stress and manipulating the wrong control at the wrong time. Meanwhile, the other shooter who isn't nearly as concerned about defending himself with a flashlight, can spend his very limited lifespan focused on the singular goal of beating you to the first shot.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of Ameriglo (and some Glock night) sights that I've mixed and matched between subcompacts to long slides.
The combo that I found to be perfect for my eyes is a .180" wide rear with a .140" wide front.
(The .125" is too skinny for me on a long slide 34 or 41)

Ameriglo just happens to call that combo Spartan Operator Sets.
(Edit: After some looking, also some of the Cap LE sets & all the I-Dot sets use this sizing)

I use the 45 rear on 9mms because I like the impact to be just above the front sight., not covered by it. The fronts are all the same height regardless of caliber.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KMitch200,

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domino:

You blind the person and then you have time to line up even the stock sights.

Larry Vickers used to do a nice demonstration during his night shooting portion how this blinding with a light thing is a fantasy.

I like Glock Trijicon HDs because if I am having a bad day and missed with all 17 shots, I can still cut them up in pieces with the edge of that rear sight.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I do prefer 2 dot sights over 3 dot, but I do have Trijicon HD XR on one of my main carry/home guns. I recommend either the HD or HD XR and also Ameriglo pro i-Dots. Regular HDs were also good, but the XRs are not too wide, not too narrow, seems about just right for everything.

Either way, I prefer orange front sights over yellow. The yellow seems to get washed out over white backgrounds to my eyes.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I like the Ameriglo better than the trijicons. They are lower in profile to the slide and I like that sight picture better

But really you can’t go wrong with either. It’s 6 of one, half dozen of the other

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post