SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    220 mags on sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

220 mags on sale Login/Join 
Picture of bashman
posted
Used 220 mags for $22. Seems like a decent price as long as they’re not abused.
https://www.recoilgunworks.com...agazine-p-43890.html

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Used PD trade in, no dimple. Might not be such a good deal.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with the dimples. What Is their significance?

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with the dimples. What Is their significance?

It's to keep the next round from slipping forward as the top round is racked into the chamber. See post #3 in this thread. Pic shows the P220 mag with the dimple. There is one on each side.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8610040244

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
It's to keep the next round from slipping forward as the top round is racked into the chamber.

That’s it.
For many years my agency’s mandated handgun was the P220 and officers used a mixture of magazines from the early carbon steel seven round version to the “dimpled” version at the end. As the firearms instructor and armorer the only problem I ever observed was with the type having the indentation: Some of the commercially reloaded ammunition we used for training was loaded in Fiocchi cases that had smaller than normal extractor grooves, and the dimple prevented more than one being loaded into the magazine. Otherwise the magazines of all types performed perfectly for the many years we used them.

I don’t know why the phenomenon the dimple was designed to prevent was considered a problem in the first place; perhaps it was a complaint by some competitors—? It also made pulling a partially-loaded mag out to top off after chambering a round in the loading process a little less convenient because the magazine would drop down a little and could be pulled out when the mag catch was depressed, but it wouldn’t drop free. Of course if that is an annoyance, it can be avoided if only one round is loaded in the magazine for the first part of that process.
In any event, it accomplishes the purpose if that’s important.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post