SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Email from Sig re settlement of 320 suits
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Email from Sig re settlement of 320 suits Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
recently shopped for another CHL pistol.

just could not bring myself to look at a 365.

i went with a different company because of stuff like this.

love the older Sigs (225 / 228 / 239 / 220, etc) but I'll pass on anything recent.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
Hard to blame subordinate lawyers / accountants for a corporate action without condemning the governing CEO as wholly impotent.

Blame the decision maker if you feel blame is warranted. Don’t blame the advisors to the decision maker.

“Drop safe. Those two words don’t exist together. No gun is drop safe. It’s a function of angle, height and surface.

If you build it completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling.

Inherently guns are not meant to be dropped, and are unsafe when dropped.”

- Ron Cohen CEO SIG SAUER

http://soldiersystems.net/2017...untary-p320-upgrade/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who hasn’t shipped their 320 in? I have 3, 320’s that I have been hesitant to send in for the upgrade. All 3 have been flawless. I like them very much and really don’t want to screw with a good thing. Am I worrying about nothing? Have there been any bad experiences post upgrade? My “search Fu” isn’t as strong as it should be.
Thanks
D

Posts: 30 | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a pile of them (P320's), and liked the pre-"upgrade" trigger. I have no complaints about the trigger as its returned post-"upgrade." I can't really see any downside to sending them off for "upgrade," other than the couple of weeks it takes to get back. If you do sell them, except for someone who really wants a pre-"upgrade" pistol, folks probably won't want to pay as much if they're not "upgraded."

I sent one in initially and compared it to others side by side that weren't "upgraded," and shot all of them before and after. I've been happy with them. I ended up giving several away to the kids; they love them.

The triggers can be improved. My match pistols have grayguns triggers in them, and the reduced takeup and overtravel makes it better, but the P320 trigger is very good to start with. No issues with the post-"upgrade" trigger. I have several full size in various calibers, as well as a bunch of compacts, and subcompacts, now all "upgraded." If I bought one presently that's not "upgraded," the first thing I'd do is send it off for the "upgrade."

You might notice that I put "upgrade" in quotation marks, because I don't consider it such. It's where the pistol should have been to begin with, and Sig knew it. It should have been called a recall, instead of a "free upgrade," as if Sig did the customer a favor by putting the pistol in the condition in which it should have been from the outset.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got 5. Upgrade them all over time. The fake trigger pull feel goes away. To dry fire you have to cycle slide like every other striker gun. I don’t find this to be a negative. Personally and some would call this harsh, fair enough, I think it is idiotic to not upgrade a gun that has a known failure mode. The gun might come back with a better or worse trigger pull but the reliability will be unaffected. Never heard anyone complain about that. To ignore a safety recall for an actual safety issue is just DUMB. Your gun, your melon, unless someone else is around. Don’t overthink this.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Two known failure modes.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
We won, they lied, but here's some money anyway. Roll Eyes

It's a numbers game, the truth has little to do with the outcome in civil suits, it's about how much one side can get the other to agree to and pay without getting in front of a Jury and reducing legal costs.

Sig decides the cost of the offer to fix things and pay the attorney fees is X, the offer to settle by those bringing the suit is Z, they work to Y and close the deal...

These things are never written with any intent of a mea culpa, to expect it from any company is to be disapointed. Sig is doing what every company in this position would do, they are not going to admit anything that might start off another round of civil attornies coming after their cash.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
We won, they lied, but here's some money anyway. Roll Eyes

It's a numbers game, the truth has little to do with the outcome in civil suits, it's about how much one side can get the other to agree to and pay without getting in front of a Jury and reducing legal costs.

Sig decides the cost of the offer to fix things and pay the attorney fees is X, the offer to settle by those bringing the suit is Z, they work to Y and close the deal...

These things are never written with any intent of a mea culpa, to expect it from any company is to be disapointed. Sig is doing what every company in this position would do, they are not going to admit anything that might start off another round of civil attornies coming after their cash.

Everyone with half a brain understands how and why people choose to settle a lawsuit. We also understand why in legal documents a company would not admit wrongdoing. But if you think that “PR Statement” is what any company would do, you aren’t paying attention to good companies.

That was a statement a company who is completely out of touch issues. I’m baffled at how clueless they were with that.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post