SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 OWB Holster recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 OWB Holster recommendations Login/Join 
posted
Hi all,

Who are we liking for OWB holsters for SIGs nowadays? I was kindly gifted some Don Hume gear a while back (thanks Del!) and found that I dug the thumb-break leather OWB scabbard holster deal for my P-Series SIGs, so I purchased more of the same for my remaining SIGs.

Now that I've added (again) a SP2022 I'm in need of a *decent* holster for it. My inclination is to grab another H721 thumb-break leather scabbard Don Hume holster for it, but that's the easy way out, and I like to complicate things, so I'm considering a Kydex holster of some sort for this SP2022.

I've heard Ozark Holsters as well as Alien Gear are good options....checked them out and am leaning toward a nice OWB Ozark holster and single mag carrier, but figured I'd ask around here to see what people like in the fancy new world of non-leather materials. Did some Googling and gathered some intel, but prefer the opinions of folk here.

Intended usage will be off duty and/or special assignment carry...something reasonably concealable but doesn't have to "disappear" under a t-shirt or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CDNN has Blackpoint Tactical kydex holster on sale now, I ordered one but have not received it yet, figured for $20 it's worth a try.

Posts: 83 | Location: Idaho | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonGlock26
posted Hide Post
I like the Bianchi 82 Carry Lock for my SP2022.
It fits close to the body.

-----------------------------------
"If they don't go concentrating on meaningless cosmetic changes, like rainbow this or two-tone that, or wood grip panels from the ackabalacka tree"-Parabellum

Posts: 1197 | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently tried out a $29 holster from Amazon and was pleasantly surprised.
Search R&R Holsters.
And + for Ozarks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anytime I hear someone inquiring about a OWB
holster_______ now most of you guys aren't old
enough to have owned the Jeff Cooper Yaqui.
(Tday these come in different versions. But, still the best is a simple design slide one.
I had one of the very early offerings and carried my S&W Model39 in it. Yes, it was the new (then)
model 39. Those hammer spurs on the 38 spel. revolvers had torn the sining on my suit coats___shredded. That pistol hugged me and concealed the pistol fine.
I sill use a Yaqui today.
A true Yaqui with the pistol out most civilians won't even notice the Yaqui. Especially if the color matches the belt.
Check out a yaqui.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone try Eclipse Holsters? They seem decent, and they make light bearing OWB holsters as well.

https://eclipseholsters.com/

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I use a safariland one. Simply, and it looks great.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
These Blackpoint kydex setups are decent. And the blowout pricing might make it worth a try.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The Bianchi 7001 (premolded nylon) ain't bad and doesn't cost all that much.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post