SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CPX-2 - met my conditions for a truck gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CPX-2 - met my conditions for a truck gun Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
I have had an empty car/truck safe for a while and finally found a gun to stick in there. $200 out the door. 10 rounds of 9mm per mag. Nothing much that will rust. And it's gone bang with every trigger pull so far with 5 different ammos, including 2 types of hollow point.

Anyone else have (or had) one ? Most of the reviews seemed decent as to reliability. It does have a long trigger pull - but all my other pistols are DAO and that type of trigger is what I'm used to.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I do not have one, but I do have a Kel Tec PF9 for a very similar use. It’s not pretty or fancy, but it does the thing I need it to do.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could tell some of us provincial types who makes this finely crafted CPX-2. Wink

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
SCCY makes it. They pronounce it "Sky"

Only make two models CPX-1 has a manual safety and CPX-2 doesn't. Both 9mm both DAO

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Maybe you could tell some of us provincial types who makes this finely crafted CPX-2. Wink

SCCY

I recall the CPX1 being seen as a KT P11 knockoff, IIRC the CPX2 adds a manual safety.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15305 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
They are larger and heavier than Keltec. Seem to be about one step up from KT.

I've got a P3AT at the house somewhere...

------------------
SBrooks

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

SCCY

I recall the CPX1 being seen as a KT P11 knockoff, IIRC the CPX2 adds a manual safety.

The CPX-1 has a safety, the CPX-2 does not.
I have a CPX-2. The frame pins walked out right away and SCCY wanted me to send it in but I convinced them to send me the pins.

Then the firing pin broke and again they wanted me to send it in but I finally convinced them to send me one.

It hasn't failed since but doesn't get used much. The trigger is a long and heavy DAO internal hammer.

The Taurus G2C is a much better value. Especially when on sale for $174.99. It holds 12 + 1 rounds but is a striker.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
KT P11

I'd carry a rock first. Worst gun I've even owned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
At least the gangbangers who steal it will be familiar with crappy pistols

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
They are larger and heavier than Keltec. Seem to be about one step up from KT.

A couple engineers left KT and started their own business

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have a CPX-2. It’s not a bad little gun, really. Trigger pull is a little long, but at least it’s consistent. Mine hasn’t been shot a lot. I think they now have a .380, too.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post