SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 9mm 20rd Magazine Spring replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 9mm 20rd Magazine Spring replacement Login/Join 
posted
I have a bunch of Mec-Gar 18rd mags with the +2 pad. I think I'd like to replace the spring, they're all about 10 years old and the slide doesn't always lock back now.

Which ones would you suggest?

The Wolff +10% German or Italian?

Not sure which are best for this application.

Thanks

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
It is not a matter as to which ones are best, your mags are Italian

The German 20 round SWAT magazines Came from SIG

I just looked at the Wolf website . . .
Magazine Springs - P226 - 9mm - 20 Rnds
Magazine springs available in +5% extra power to improved feeding and reliabilty.
Note: Springs are for use in magazines below with Double Profile springs. Springs are not compatible with the old production 20rd 9mm SWAT magazine with metal base plates

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, so they're physically different? I didn't know that.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 20 round SWAT mags are longer. I got my replacement springs for those from Top Gun

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I reccomend Mec-Gar factory replacements. Call 860-635-1525 to place an order.

PRICES(as of 12/2/19):
Springs:
Single: $6.95
Three Pack: $16.95
Ten Pack: $45.95

Locking Plates: $4.95

Floorplates: $ 6.95

Followers: $4.95

Shipping: Flat $3.95

Posts: 9 | Registered: June 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally, I reccomend Mec-Gar factory replacements

With your profile name I would hope that would be your recommendation...

Mec-Gar is one of the best by the way.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
quote:
Personally, I reccomend Mec-Gar factory replacements

With your profile name I would hope that would be your recommendation...

Mec-Gar is one of the best by the way.

When you're actually Mec-Gar rep, what else are you going to recommend? Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Are Mec-gar springs compatible with the US made Tac-Ops 20 round mags too? I’ve noticed one of my three exhibit feeding issues from what I assume are weakened springs.

ETA- just spoke to the above rep who says they don’t guarantee their springs to work in the US made mags- anyone have firsthand experience?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I was unaware that the springs were even available at all to purchase in America. Hey MecGar, Step into the 21st-century and put the springs on the website for sale.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was unaware that the springs were even available at all to purchase in America. Hey MecGar, Step into the 21st-century and put the springs on the website for sale.

We would love to, but our current website software isn't set up to be able to do this. We should have a new website where we will be selling magazines and parts in the next few months.

Posts: 9 | Registered: June 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MecGar:
quote:

We would love to, but our current website software isn't set up to be able to do this. We should have a new website where we will be selling magazines and parts in the next few months.

As one who has owned handfuls of Mec-Gar mags, across several platforms, (to date, I've never had one fail), and consider myself a satisfied customer, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to participate on the forum and for providing updates and insights on your company and products...vendor participation is very helpful and really is most appreciated!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post