SIGforum
P226 9mm 20rd Magazine Spring replacement

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2110057364

November 30, 2019, 09:26 AM
matai
P226 9mm 20rd Magazine Spring replacement
I have a bunch of Mec-Gar 18rd mags with the +2 pad. I think I'd like to replace the spring, they're all about 10 years old and the slide doesn't always lock back now.

Which ones would you suggest?

The Wolff +10% German or Italian?

Not sure which are best for this application.

Thanks
November 30, 2019, 09:36 AM
colt_saa
It is not a matter as to which ones are best, your mags are Italian

The German 20 round SWAT magazines Came from SIG

I just looked at the Wolf website . . .
Magazine Springs - P226 - 9mm - 20 Rnds
Magazine springs available in +5% extra power to improved feeding and reliabilty.
Note: Springs are for use in magazines below with Double Profile springs. Springs are not compatible with the old production 20rd 9mm SWAT magazine with metal base plates

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com
November 30, 2019, 10:54 AM
matai
Oh, so they're physically different? I didn't know that.
November 30, 2019, 08:00 PM
funnymech
Yes, the 20 round SWAT mags are longer. I got my replacement springs for those from Top Gun
December 02, 2019, 12:23 PM
MecGar
Personally, I reccomend Mec-Gar factory replacements. Call 860-635-1525 to place an order.

PRICES(as of 12/2/19):
Springs:
Single: $6.95
Three Pack: $16.95
Ten Pack: $45.95

Locking Plates: $4.95

Floorplates: $ 6.95

Followers: $4.95

Shipping: Flat $3.95
December 02, 2019, 12:27 PM
squad13
quote:
Personally, I reccomend Mec-Gar factory replacements

With your profile name I would hope that would be your recommendation...

Mec-Gar is one of the best by the way.
December 02, 2019, 07:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
quote:
Personally, I reccomend Mec-Gar factory replacements

With your profile name I would hope that would be your recommendation...

Mec-Gar is one of the best by the way.

When you're actually Mec-Gar rep, what else are you going to recommend? Wink

Q

December 03, 2019, 01:03 PM
gearhounds
Are Mec-gar springs compatible with the US made Tac-Ops 20 round mags too? I’ve noticed one of my three exhibit feeding issues from what I assume are weakened springs.

ETA- just spoke to the above rep who says they don’t guarantee their springs to work in the US made mags- anyone have firsthand experience?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
December 04, 2019, 08:17 PM
bubbatime
I was unaware that the springs were even available at all to purchase in America. Hey MecGar, Step into the 21st-century and put the springs on the website for sale.

December 06, 2019, 09:46 AM
MecGar
quote:
I was unaware that the springs were even available at all to purchase in America. Hey MecGar, Step into the 21st-century and put the springs on the website for sale.

We would love to, but our current website software isn't set up to be able to do this. We should have a new website where we will be selling magazines and parts in the next few months.
December 06, 2019, 10:30 AM
Modern Day Savage
quote:
Originally posted by MecGar:
quote:

We would love to, but our current website software isn't set up to be able to do this. We should have a new website where we will be selling magazines and parts in the next few months.

As one who has owned handfuls of Mec-Gar mags, across several platforms, (to date, I've never had one fail), and consider myself a satisfied customer, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to participate on the forum and for providing updates and insights on your company and products...vendor participation is very helpful and really is most appreciated!