SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Would you guys trade a Legend for a 2008 made NightHawk Heine Commander
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you guys trade a Legend for a 2008 made NightHawk Heine Commander Login/Join 
posted
Hello guys,

I have been offered a NightHawk Heine II Commander made in 2008 for my NIB 210 Legend. The build sheet shows it was built by Jared and Jeff Phillips. It is my understanding that the guns were better built back then. It is a beauty and looks new with all the factory items and documentation to include the green range bag.

The Sig has been in the safe unfired for almost 5 years. I had two of the Legends one of which was my shooter. I sold my used one 2 years ago. What would you guys do?

PS.....I'm a big 1911 guy with a Hillsdale Baer TRS and Springfield Proffesional.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a chance. Got shoot the 210 and enjoy. (its in the safe why?) The world is full of really competent people building 1911's to whatever standard of price you want and they aren't going to go away.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Never. I can't believe you have a NIB 210 Legend. How come you have never shot that thing? Guns are made and bought to be shot. Keep the 210 and go out and enjoy it!!!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep the 210!!!

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thread is blasphemy.

You will regret that trade.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
usncorpsman, even if current values are similar, I'd be reluctant to do the trade were it me, and I'm a 1911 guy too. Reason being that, as you are undoubtedly aware, the Legends are no longer being imported by SIG. Some Legends are imported by individuals, but this is reportedly not an inexpensive, or hasty, process. And as hrcjon indicates, quality 1911 pistols aren't going away. I suspect your NIB Legend is going to continue to appreciate in value. Most semi-custom 1911s, perhaps not so much, if at all. I am guilty of trading or selling some very fine pistols to obtain some shiny object I felt I must have right away. I have come to regret this on more than one occasion. Trading or selling some Swiss and German P210s I owned were some of those occasions......

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep the Legend. Buy a Dan Wesson 1911.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16068 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously you're at a turning point with the P210. The cost of the P210 is five years gone and the gun is collecting dust, the Nighthawk is pretty and new to you, basically free if you trade for it.

But is that Nighthawk more desirable to you than anything you've been eyeing lately?

Why have you kept the P210? They are just tools but you kept this one unfired for a reason, is that reason irrelevant now?

If the Nighthawk is a fair trade to you, go for it. If you can give the guy cash, I would suggest doing so.

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
Never. I can't believe you have a NIB 210 Legend. How come you have never shot that thing? Guns are made and bought to be shot. Keep the 210 and go out and enjoy it!!!

Yes....NIB Big Grin. Keep in mind I had two and they were consecutive number guns. I posted about them here on the forum. I shot the other for about two years although only a few hundred rounds. One of our members here has it now Smile

Guns are tools that are made to be shot. I'm not a collector, so I am really thinking of letting it go to someone who will use it. I was also offered another gun that I have really wanted for a while. A Les Baer Comanche in .38 Super. More to follow.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, you're running an ad outside of Classifieds: "I have such-and-such to trade"

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Go with the gun that you think that you'll be happiest with. You've already shot the Legend in the past and evidently you weren't that impressed with it since you sold that one; no point in hanging onto that unfired one if someone is offering a Nighthawk 1911 that is within your preferred wheelhouse.

I own a Legend. It hasn't been the all-encompassing, all-mighty handgun that the SIG fandom chortle and proclaim it to be. X-Fives to me are superior. The Swiss ones to me are much better. Now it seems the recent P210 American is as good if not outright superior shooters. And in my hands my CZ Shadow spanks the pants off of my Legend. I keep it around...just 'cause. But it would never be the first choice for fun at the range.

Besides, there should be zero need to seek out moral support or a sympathetic shoulder if any less desired or unloved gun, let alone a P210, simply doesn't work for you. Move on and don't give it a second thought.

End of rant.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for the replies.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, you're running an ad outside of Classifieds: "I have such-and-such to trade"

No Sir,

This is not a sales ad, I have actually had the Sig for trade in the the classified section for several days. I was just getting the thoughts and opinions of forum members on trades that I have been offered. I did edit the title to not read like a sales ad. If I have violated a rule, please feel free to close this thread.

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
If it was a real Heinie Commander I would go for it.

That being said a pistol you will carry and shoot is better than one you don't...but that's just me

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You're not a collector. The thing is sitting in the safe NIB unfired several years. What's the point? You're "a big 1911 guy". Why is this even a question?

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
I did edit the title to not read like a sales ad. If I have violated a rule, please feel free to close this thread.
Thank you. You're fine.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post