SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 1911 pistol on the California DOJ Roster not matching up on the Sig web site Cataloge.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 1911 pistol on the California DOJ Roster not matching up on the Sig web site Cataloge. Login/Join 
posted
I live in the peoples Republic of Kalifornia. (For now) I what to purchase a Sig Compact 1911 ARMY. On the Sig site it shows it is good to go. On the CA DOJ roster it is not mentioned. If any body has any clarification on this matter (A FFL Holder) I want one and will pay MSRP+ the normal Charges. PS. It must be New Cond. Box Ect.

Posts: 9 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: October 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum.

You may get a better response by placing a WTB ad in The Classifieds.

Good Luck!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, the 1911 ARMY Compact is not on the roster, therefore not a gun shop or FFL purchase. The only ways to purchase an off roster handgun in CA is to be a LEO, transfer from out-of-state parent, grandparent or children, or a face to face PPT purchase through an FFL. No Gunbroker, no buying from the Classifieds if gun is from out of state.

CA sucks ass.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
1911 army is not on the roster. only way to get one it thru a PPT. Get out your checkbook.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism." - Sir William Osler
posted Hide Post
It is possible that it is either submitted and waiting for approval for the CA list or it is approved and is waiting to be listed. The state updates the list at their convenience. You could call Sig's customer service and ask.
YMMV

Posts: 305 | Location: OR | Registered: August 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wangle:
It is possible that it is either submitted and waiting for approval for the CA list or it is approved and is waiting to be listed. The state updates the list at their convenience. You could call Sig's customer service and ask.
YMMV

Not going to be on the roster due to the microstamp requirement.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism." - Sir William Osler
posted Hide Post
"microstamp requirement" That is a new one on me although I have not been keeping up with CA's newer laws since I moved.

Posts: 305 | Location: OR | Registered: August 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wangle:
It is possible that it is either submitted and waiting for approval for the CA list or it is approved and is waiting to be listed.

Sorry, that was funny Wink

The roster exists simply to systematically deny retail sale of handguns in CA. Colt is no longer on the list, no more Colt 1911s. Ruger basically only has revolvers on the list. And on and on. Lots of models will fall off the list this January, none to replace them.

In the near future, the retail sale of handguns in CA will be gone.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm Pissed, guess I'll have to get a Kimber before it's to late. Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 9 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: October 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Les Baer has most of their models on the roster, excellent 1911s, a little more in price. Call Crazy John at 1911 Heaven, he'll take care of you.

posted Hide Post
I love Les Baers have two, TRS & Pre 2. Want a Compact Stinger .45. Not on the roster. Sucks.

posted Hide Post
Sound like you going losing an arm or leg in California market. LOL

Posts: 226 | Registered: September 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: "Lots of models will fall off the list this January, none to replace them."

I expect that most of those models will have renewed roster tickets.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post