SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Gen 5 Glock 19 with very bad sights out of the box...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gen 5 Glock 19 with very bad sights out of the box... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
One side was in the slot, secure.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The front an rear sights on my new Gen 5 G19 were fitted from the factory perfectly.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Glock must have been rushing to get the first batch of Gen 5s out because when I went to my Blue Label dealer to pick up my G19 the first one they brought out had the rear sight all the way to one side. I asked them to bring out a second one and the sights were perfectly aligned so obviously picked that one to bring home, but I also noticed it had a significantly different serial number prefix than the first. Yours is quite funny though. Never seen a pistol comes with sights even close to that before.

I'm one of those folks that actually like the white outline rear on the Glocks but I did replace my front sight with an Ameriglo sight that is a luminous green square with a round night sight in the middle. The colored square aligns nicely with the white outline rear and you still have the tritium vial as well as a backup or in case you don't have enough ambient light or a flashlight to make the luminous paint glow.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
The front an rear sights on my new Gen 5 G19 were fitted from the factory perfectly.

So were the four other 19.5's at my LGS. Mine was the only one with jacked up rear sights lol Doesn't matter, I have Truglo TFX Pro's on them now, much, much better than stock obviously.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
quote:
Originally posted by darr3239:
How do we know it came from the factory that way, and it wasn't damaged at the retailer? I'm sure everyone and their brother has been handling that one.

Every new Glock I have bought has come with the case sealed. Dealer always cuts it open in front of me. Not sure if that is a blue label thing or not.

Same here.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post