SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Gen 5 Glock 19 with very bad sights out of the box...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gen 5 Glock 19 with very bad sights out of the box... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...So I will post a pic of my new Gen 5 Glock 19 as it sits now at home. Very basic Glock, looks like the rest of them. That is the good I guess.

The bad were the stock sights. Probably the worst out of the box I have seen, mine vs online issues. My LGS just got in their first two Blue Label G19's but I paid $80 more because I did not wait. In addition, they have two in their glass case. All the sights on those were just fine but mine were this, out of the box mine you.

Looks like a tool mark on the front part of the sights...

My shop put them back in as I want to shoot the gun but will call Glock, send them the pics tomorrow. I would like better sights from Glock, I don't think I am out of line here. I will say that these sights seem very soft, the plastic seemed like rubber. Not impressed that a Glock would leave QC like that even though it can be fixed easily.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
WOW, there’s no excuse for it leaving the factory that way

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
WOW, there’s no excuse for it leaving the factory that way

I have seen more than a few Gen 5 G19 sights off set from the factory but obviously someone tried to jam these in at the last minute. On principle alone, I was so close to returning it but figured pics and I will call them, see if I can get better sights. My LGS had five Gen 5 G19's (including mine) in the shop, two Blue Labels had just come in as well but mine was the only one with messed up sights. I probably should have just sent mine back, picked up a Blue Label, would have saved me almost $100 bucks.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’d ask for a discount off the pistol and call it a day. It’s not like anyone keeps the stock sights if it intends to be a carry gun. Most go to NS pretty quick.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I’d ask for a discount off the pistol and call it a day. It’s not like anyone keeps the stock sights if it intends to be a carry gun. Most go to NS pretty quick.

None of my Glocks have stock sights and these will go away, if I decide to keep it after some range time. I have an M&P 9 2.0 compact on its way as well.

posted Hide Post
Looks like it crunched the sight as well. Fortunately, it's the cheap plastic Glock sights and not metal. Metal probably would have damaged the slide.

I've read several comments on a Glock forum that mention the rear sights specifically. Several cases where the rear sight is not properly centered. Makes you wonder what's going on with QC.

Let us know what Glock says. If they have any CS brains, they'll comp you with something meaningful. Thanks for the post.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I will be happy to send you another (or more) plastic dovetail protector.
My stock glock sights stay on only until I get it home and change them to real sights.

Just send an email and I can stick it in an envelope.
Also have a sight pusher if you need one.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter how desperately I want it now, I would've never taken that home.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If the problem is just with the crappy plastic sight being broken or improperly installed (which is what it appears to be), I wouldn't care. My only concern would be the possibility that the dovetail is messed up too.

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised the shop accepted that gun in the first place.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've always considered the stock sights on Glocks as nothing more than space fillers to keep the dirt out until you can get a set of REAL sights.

That, on the other hand is just plain wrong.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many Gen 5 Glocks with the plastic sights are coming from the factory with the rear sight pushed way over to the right, including my blue label g17.5

I was worried the extreme wingade was necessary to zero the gun but it actually shot to the right and was dead on once I centered the rear sight.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do we know it came from the factory that way, and it wasn't damaged at the retailer? I'm sure everyone and their brother has been handling that one.

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two questions I have had for years that remain unanswered:
1 - Why does Glock insist on plastic sights, knowing full well it costs their customers more money for better sights?
2- How can Sig charge people $800+ for a pistol that does not come stock with night sights?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Peanut71 I’m with you,I would never had accepted it in the first place! Dang.........

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Two questions I have had for years that remain unanswered:
1 - Why does Glock insist on plastic sights, knowing full well it costs their customers more money for better sights?
2- How can Sig charge people $800+ for a pistol that does not come stock with night sights?

1- To be frank, most users don't/won't care. I don't mean to be mean about it, but most of the guns that Glock sells come with sights that the shooters won't use for the 100 rounds a year that shoot, if that. (SF dwellers do not fit neatly into that category.)
2- See above.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darr3239:
How do we know it came from the factory that way, and it wasn't damaged at the retailer? I'm sure everyone and their brother has been handling that one.

Every new Glock I have bought has come with the case sealed. Dealer always cuts it open in front of me. Not sure if that is a blue label thing or not.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leone158:
That's terrible...didn't your LGS inspect that before handing it over to you? I too would not have accepted it, even knowing I was going to replace the sights...

So this 19.5 was purchased online and my LGS took it out of the cardboard box in front of me. So I was the first to open the plastic Glock box since being shipped. First thing I noticed was the sights.

I could have sent it back but that would be time. The Glock now wears Truglow TFX Pro sights and all is good in the world Smile I get some folks would have returned it on principal alone but my impatience outweighed my principals!

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Here it is next to my new M&P 2.0 Compact and one of my CZ P10C's.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
How was it even staying on the slide?

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post