SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone else getting pinched by Gen 5 G19?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else getting pinched by Gen 5 G19? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I shot mine yesterday on a 100 round qual course so I could carry it on duty. The qual course is setup to force several timed reloads. Even under the stress of time, I didn't notice any of the pinch. Granted, I have small hands and my grip may be slightly higher, keeping my pinky finger somewhat clear of the pinch point.

I love the gun though. Shoots like a dream. I do feel there is a noticeably cleaner trigger pull. Only addition I've made are a set of Trijicon HD XR Night Sights. Their new, thinner front sight profile is pretty sweet.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kroz
posted Hide Post
Going to hold on to my old 19, however, I'm considering a Gen5 17. Didn't have much interest in a 17 before, partly because of the finger grooves.

On the Gen5 17, my grip is well above the annoying cutout. Might work for you too!

Posts: 108 | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I wanted a new Gen 5 G19 but messing with one yesterday, my hands are slightly to big for the flared mag well, getting pinched while loading the mag. So a Gen 5 G17 it will most likely be. Just waiting for the Blue Labels to come in, I'm told in a few weeks.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
I wanted a new Gen 5 G19 but messing with one yesterday, my hands are slightly to big for the flared mag well, getting pinched while loading the mag. So a Gen 5 G17 it will most likely be. Just waiting for the Blue Labels to come in, I'm told in a few weeks.

i held the G19 gen4 and gen5 back to back at the gun store, and really couldn't tell a difference. The presence or lack-of the finger grooves really didn't feel any different to me, so I opted to just stick with my gen4 for now. I was thankful, though, that I didn't get pinched or anything in my fondeling of the gun, though, so that's good.

However, the G17's finger grooves never felt that great, so maybe I do need to hold one of those next!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My girly hands didn't get pinched. I am non commital about the am I slide release, I like the flared mag well, and loved the new orange followers. Very easy to see.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
No pinch for me, but I did notice the front grip void on the first mag I shot. After that, I didn't notice it much. Whenever someone (Pearce?) comes out with a floor plate to fill this, I'll be on it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Pearce PG-FML for the Gen2 cut out works fine in my Gen5.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-FML

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I got the chance to handle a Gen 5 19 yesterday. The edges of the cut out felt sharp, not pleasant at all.

Now the funny thing is that I have had 3 different Gen 2 19, spent some time with them as my carry guns and fired some rounds through them. The cut out on the 2nd Gens never bothered me.

Is it just in my mind? I am really going to have to shoot one of these Gen 5 19s before I decide to buy one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post