SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does my 239 have Trijicons?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does my 239 have Trijicons? Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
I got my P239 in 2004 new, with factory night sights. I believe they are Trijicons, but the markings have long since worn off.

If they are, I understand that I can send the slide to Trijicon and have them relamped for around $60.

Am I correct in my memory of these being Trijicons?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't say Trijicon, then it's not. The SIG NS from 2004 should be Meprolight.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'll have to post a pic. I haven't posted any since the photobucket implosion. I really think I remember them being Trijicons. There's no markings at all left on them.

I also don't remember exactly when it was manufactured. The box is in my storage unit, and the grip panels have 12/03 and 5/04 on them.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Send me pics. Should be easy to tell. Trijicon and Mepro have different profiles.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Looks exactly like this one:

http://archives.collectorsfire...ory=&product=pr16515

(Sorry Para, I tried to link one from a different site earlier and didn't realize where I was and you-got-mail)

-JALLEN

Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

(Sorry Para, I tried to link one from a different site earlier and didn't realize where I was and you-got-mail)

That looks like mine and I know they are Trijicons. I had them put on after I got the gun. My codes are about worn off but I can read H3 and 00 I guess that's why they have been dark so long. 2000 is old

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nope, those are Meprolights. Mepro uses letter date codes.
Trijicon puts the actual year on their NS.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
chongo, also take a look at the rear of your rear sight.

Mepro has a flat surface, like this. (Not my pic).

Older Trijicon has that unmistakable indentation, like this. (Not mine, either).
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTU5...Sds-d8Mkg~~60_35.JPG

Q

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
^^^mine has those itty-bitty holes on the top of the rear sight, too.

I'll post a pic or send you an e-mail tonight or tomorrow

-JALLEN

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
This is a Trijicon rear (and it does have small holes in the top):

Trijiconrear by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Gary, do the holes on top appear to be filled in with a white substance?

I had Sig install night sights around the OP's time frame, and mine were not marked Trijicon, but they were, and Trijicon replaced all three lamps for $60.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
You can buy brand new Sig factory night Sights for $60. I would go that route.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gary, do the holes on top appear to be filled in with a white substance?

Yes.

Photo shot from a better angle:

TrijiconRear2 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^mine has those itty-bitty holes on the top of the rear sight, too.

I'll post a pic or send you an e-mail tonight or tomorrow

If they are the Trijicons with the plugs on top they won't relamp them. Something to do with the new NRC regs (same reason they don't drill the fixed front on a Beretta anymore). They will however offer to install a brand new current set for the same price of $57.

A year ago I sent in my P225 to get them relamped. They were the Trijicon's with the plugs. They called and told me they no longer relamp that style but they would instead install a brand new set. It was $57 and that included return UPS shipping.

These were the sights I had.

These are the sights they installed.

I am 100% pro Trijicon after their excellent service. They will be the only sights I install in the future. I sent them the slide from my S&W 3953 to have night sights installed. The sights online were about $115, but then I would have to install them or find someone who could, and there was no guarantee of "freshness" especially since third gen Smiths aren't too popular. For $125 and a month's time I got a perfectly installed set of fresh '17 dated sights. Painless process.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Trijicon is a great company to do business with, but with my aging eyes, their HD series is my go-to sight set for every carry pistol that they’re made for. If you haven’t already tried them, I highly recommend that you do!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post