SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Detonated my Sig P320c yesterday: Update from ammo vendor in thread, Update 2 listed wrong ammo it’s PPU NATO:
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Detonated my Sig P320c yesterday: Update from ammo vendor in thread, Update 2 listed wrong ammo it’s PPU NATO: Login/Join 
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Is it just me or is the case in the last photo PPU ammo? Doesn't look like German MEN 9MM.

But I've had great luck with PPU as well, so it really doesn't mean much to me if it is indeed the case.

Good eye that is PPU

You can also see here, that there are several types of ammo mixed in the tray.

Agony just included that photo, that is carry ammo, HST 124g +P, that I took out of my carry gun to run it for the remainder of the class.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Interesting on the PPU cases. I don't have any MEN 9MM on hand to check, my last purchase was 5.56x45.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Looks like I do have one single Speer Gold Dot in there as well.

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Has the gun been for the upgrade?

It has not Jerry, still a stock 2017 P320C.

Well, the good news I can tell you for sure is that once the gun is upgraded, the new disconnector takes the potential for this to happen away.

For something that "can't happen", this has happened five times in classes since October. Only to P320s. Same ammo shot in other guns with no problems. No actual evidence that points to the ammo. No other ammunition related over charges or whatever in other manufacturers. None. No other ammunition related issues with other SIG products. The damage to the P320s is exact each time. Same as the pictures above with the addition to a crack in the frame from the rail to cut out where the serial number is.

I'm skeptical to say the least. But, like I said, the new trigger upgrade fixes the problem as the disconnector won't let the gun fire out of battery.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like I do have one single Speer Gold Dot in there as well.

Hey, ya gotta keep your options open! Wink

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I reached back out to Sam at SGAmmo on the PPU cases. I did pull another lot number I had on hand 1713, those were also PPU brass cases.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, the good news I can tell you for sure is that once the gun is upgraded, the new disconnector takes the potential for this to happen away.

For something that "can't happen", this has happened five times in classes since October. Only to P320s. Same ammo shot in other guns with no problems. No actual evidence that points to the ammo. No other ammunition related over charges or whatever in other manufacturers. None. The damage to the P320s is exact each time. Same as the pictures above with the addition to a crack in the frame from the rail to cut out where the serial number is.

I'm skeptical to say the least. But, like I said, the new trigger upgrade fixes the problem as the disconnector won't let the gun fire out of battery.

Guns firing out of battery. Why again is this a voluntary upgrade?

I have been a pro Sig guy for a long time, but Cohen, I’m losing faith, Sir.

Someone is gong to seriously get hurt, and that is fucked up in my book.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

For something that "can't happen", this has happened five times in classes since October. Only to P320s. Same ammo shot in other guns with no problems. No actual evidence that points to the ammo. No other ammunition related over charges or whatever in other manufacturers. None. The damage to the P320s is exact each time. Same as the pictures above with the addition to a crack in the frame from the rail to cut out where the serial number is.

Lawsuit filed over it a short bit ago.

https://www.news-leader.com/st...rous-flaw/601377002/

I'm pro SIG (3/4 of my business is SIG related) and a loyal lad. But, I won't ignore what I see when it doesn't add up to "impossible".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I reached back out to Sam at SGAmmo on the PPU cases. I did pull another lot number I had on hand 1713, those were also PPU brass cases.
Cool, thanks for checking.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm pro SIG (3/4 of my business is SIG related) and a loyal lad. But, I won't ignore what I see when it doesn't add up to "impossible".

There are people here when they speak I listen, you are one of them, thanks.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Cool, thanks for checking.

Yes Sir, I’ll post when he replies.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My bad guys, I’m a dumb ass: It is PPN9MC 124g 9mm NATO

I see you bought some of the PPU 9mm NATO, # PPN9BP and PPN9MC so it may have been that ammo not the MEN. These are a NATO M882 spec load that is 10% over standard pressure. Still the same story, I've seen this happen with that ammo as well as a mess of other types of ammo too, the P320 seems to do this regularly

posted Hide Post
quote:

Reference that article, the suggestion is that the law suit claims pistol fired out of battery post upgrade:

quote:
The suit says SIG Sauer made a design improvement in August after recognizing that the pistols could discharge when dropped.

SIG Sauer told consumers the improvements made the pistols safe, the lawsuit said, but the guns still have a potentially fatal flaw — they don't have a "disconnector safety."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I almost bought a case of the PPU NATO ammo a few months ago until I ran across one review on Targetsports:

Very, very hot 9mm round. I'm not sure my batch was loaded properly because each of the 15 rounds I fired expanded so that I had to use a cleaning rod to "hammer" it out of the chamber (Ruger lcr 9mm). Each brass casing was visibly bulged. As a side note, shooting the gun hurt much more than my +p defensive load. Not recommend.

A little more searching and I found a few more reports on various forums about how hot it was so I decided to stick with my usual Speer Lawman.

Not sure if it was the gun, the ammo, or both in your pistol but I'm glad you didn't get hurt.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, read the lawsuit article and read Jerry's comments now I’m confused. Was the lawsuit gun post upgrade which is what 5he article suggests?

Probably just poor reporting but if the upgrade solves this problem then calling it a voluntary upgrade is problematic at best.

I am fully ensconced in the 320. Have 5 various models. Shoot them in matches pretty exclusively. Run cheap Russian Tula. Love them. So if I understand Jerry correctly, the 320 with the upgrade should be totally safe, correct? Without the upgrade, dicey?

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Not sure if it was the gun ....

What’s with that wishy-washy statement? According to all the authorities here who know exactly what happened based on an Internet post, what else could it be?

Surely the fact that the ammunition is so hot that sometimes cases have to be beaten out of the chambers of totally different guns couldn’t have anything whatsoever to do with one round’s finally going to the next level and blowing up—could it‽ That’s crazy talk.

Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the followup. Glad you're alright!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Waiting for a return label from Sig, I'll update as soon as I get info from them.

posted Hide Post
Glad you are not hurt. That is a troublesome story to say the least.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm a failure at reading. I read that as you donated your Sig. As I read through the thread, I was trying to see why and where you donated it to...

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post