SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Detonated my Sig P320c yesterday: Update from ammo vendor in thread, Update 2 listed wrong ammo it’s PPU NATO:
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Detonated my Sig P320c yesterday: Update from ammo vendor in thread, Update 2 listed wrong ammo it’s PPU NATO: Login/Join 
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted
Took a class with Rob Tackett Saturday who happened to be standing directly behind me watching me
run an individual drill, 5 rounds on steel at 10m, second shot, big bang, smoke and powder blast to the face; no injury.

A case had ruptured, Mag stayed in gun, extractor broke in at least two pieces, frame, barrel, and slide seem undamaged.

Ammo is German MEN 124g NATO I got from SGAMMO in a thousand round military can.

I had previously run nearly all of that ammo in classes, most of it through this P320c or my Wilson/Beretta Cen. Tac. I finished the day with the Beretta with no further issues.

Pics are on FaceBook if one of my friends there would be so kind to share them here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: matthew03,

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Crap, I received 1000rds boxed of German MEN 124g NATO from SGAMMO on May 16. I ran about 100rds through my P320 VTAC. Let me know what SGAmmo says

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
Let me know what SGAmmo says

My guess is "sorry to hear that"

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yipes!

I'd think about having a smith look it over, just in case, before replacing the extractor and firing it again. Not sure I'd send it to Sig, though, since they may assume damage that may or may not have occurred, and void your warranty.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
When did you order the ammo? I have around 4k rounds of the stuff from a year or so ago.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Wow glad your alright, must be bad ammo, did the last round fired before mishap leave the barrel ?

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
Oh Crap, I received 1000rds boxed of German MEN 124g NATO from SGAMMO on May 16. I ran about 100rds through my P320 VTAC. Let me know what SGAmmo says

Will do.

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Yipes!

I'd think about having a smith look it over, just in case, before replacing the extractor and firing it again. Not sure I'd send it to Sig, though, since they may assume damage that may or may not have occurred, and void your warranty.

I had planned on sending it to Sig. It was, or should have been quality new ammo.

I didn’t do anything that would void that warranty except shoot it. I left the ruptured case stuck in Bbl as it was.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
When did you order the ammo? I have around 4k rounds of the stuff from a year or so ago.

It was Lot 1711, ordered right around Dec. Jan. time frame.

I finished off the case Saturday, so one out of 1K.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Wow glad your alright, must be bad ammo, did the last round fired before mishap leave the barrel ?

It did, we were shooting steel. The projectile from the ruptured case exited as well.

posted Hide Post
I have no experience with Sig or their Customer Service, so my comment is a general one and not against Sig. I'm just thinking Sig may quite reasonably blame the ammo, assume it was overcharged during manufacture, and be concerned about damage to the other components.

I've also never experienced what you went through, so maybe somebody with more experience could give an opinion.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Glad you're ok! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I’ve fired a few 1000 rounds of the stuff with zero issues. My last case I had a couple of light primer strikes on a friends Glock we were shooting. I contact SGAmmo by email and told them issue. They issued me a return label and said they would buy it back.

Took guys 26 home and broke it down. He swore to me it was clean. The striker channel was caked with crap. Cleaned it and ran 200 more with zero issues.

I know this doesn’t mean jack to your issue, but when I contacted them by email, they did offer to buy it all back. Hopefully they will do the same for you.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've run a bunch of this ammo so far without issues.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I have no experience with Sig or their Customer Service, so my comment is a general one and not against Sig. I'm just thinking Sig may quite reasonably blame the ammo, assume it was overcharged during manufacture, and be concerned about damage to the other components.

I've also never experienced what you went through, so maybe somebody with more experience could give an opinion.

I seem to recall, Sig being very good with these things.

I’ve been shooting all my lie and this is a first for me.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Glad you're ok! Big Grin

Thanks.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
I’ve fired a few 1000 rounds of the stuff with zero issues. My last case I had a couple of light primer strikes on a friends Glock we were shooting. I contact SGAmmo by email and told them issue. They issued me a return label and said they would buy it back.

Took guys 26 home and broke it down. He swore to me it was clean. The striker channel was caked with crap. Cleaned it and ran 200 more with zero issues.

I know this doesn’t mean jack to your issue, but when I contacted them by email, they did offer to buy it all back. Hopefully they will do the same for you.

That was the last of it I had from that lot. I ran an addition 200 rounds from a battle pack in that training iteration. Come to think of it I did have three hard primers out of that batch, but that was with the tuned Beretta, the Sig ran it all just fine, with one exception.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
I've run a bunch of this ammo so far without issues.

Me too. I’ve liked it very much, with one exception.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Heard from the vender:

Hi Matt

I have seen the Sig P320 do this with just about every popular type of FMJ target ammo I stock, PMC, Federal American Eagle, Magtech, CCI, Speer Lawman, Prvi Partizan, Winchester, now MEN, and I have seen reports of it doing it with other brands as well.

It is a gun with major engineering flaws that has already been subject to a recall for firing when dropped loaded, and I believe these are examples of a different flaw of firing out of battery and blowing out the back end of the cartridge case, but my experience shows Sig will deflect the blame for the issue and claim it is 'overcharged ammo' even though they know that is not true.

I have seen more problems with the Sig P320 (all of this same nature) in the past 12 months than I have seen with all other guns combined in all 17 years I have been in this busienss. IMO its not a gun worth having and essentially is like hold a 'time bomb' in you hand that continues to repeat this problem like nothing I have ever seen in all my years in this business.

Sig should recall and destroy all the P320s they have ever made but it would probably bankrupt them so I think they will continue to deny fault.

If you like I would buy back the ammo you have left over and refund for what is returned but its not the ammo that caused this, the MEN 9mm ammo has a flawless track record and is manufactured to standard pressure, its not even a +P load, and there is no way the ammo is the guilty party in this case, regardless I will take it back if you do not feel comfortable with it.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Well damn Eek

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post