SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Combat X-Compact Module
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat X-Compact Module Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have or handled the X-Compact module from Wilson Combat? The stock one from Sig is to narrow for me. I’m hoping the Wilson Module is a little thicker. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The Wilson Combat grip I have for my P320 full size feels a little thinner than the X-grip I had before. The Compact is probably similar.

I love the Wilson Combat grip, BTW. YMMV

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, along with all the others offered by Wilson.

The compact, same as subcompact, is like each of the Wilson grip modules in that it's narrower at the top of the backstrap, where the web of the hand goes. It's a combination of the original Sig grip and the x-grip, with more grippiness.

I ended up putting most of my P320's in the wilson modules, except for several full size, which are presently set up with the TXG heavy modules.

The compact is for the x-compact/compact/subcompact; it takes a 15 round magazine, and the back of the back strap comes all the way down to the base of the magazine, such that the magazine baseplate is flush with the back of the backstrap (whereas on the original Sig grip, the magazine baseplate is beneath the grip module, sticking out).

I don't know about the width being a lot different, but the Wilson grip is definitely more ergonomic, and the pistol feels like it's going to stay put in the hand. The texturing on the side of the wilson grip module is largely cosmetic: I don't think it does a lot to help hold the pistol in place. The grip texture along the front strap and backstrap is momre aggressive and makes for a solid purchase (grip). It may be beneficial to have the side panels not too grippy, to enable the hand to slide into place and take a master grip on the handgun.

The front of the trigger guard is rounded.

The webbing of the shooting hand rides a bit higher with the Wilson grip, and the beavertail area is extended some, making the pistol feel more "locked in" when gripping. The top of the beavertail presses against the back of the webbing of my thumb/forefinger, a tactile reminder that it's in place and perhaps an aid in recoil, though I really can't say. Definitely eliminates much chance of "slide bite."

The Wilson grips have three channels for tungsten rods in the back; I have tungsten rods in each of my Wilson grip modules. It's not a huge weight change, but it does affect balance, and I think it's useful.

The depression around the thumb is wider, a bit deeper, on the Wilson module, allowing slightly better thumb access to the mag release. I find on the original medium sig factory grip, I have to rotate the pistol in my hand to properly work the mag release. With the Wilson grip, I can easily manipulate it. I don't know that the grip is smaller, but it's shaped differently, a bit narrower at the back and top perhaps; my thumb and middle finger overlap when I've taken a master grip, whereas that's not the case for me on the factory original P320 grip.

For a P320 intended for carry, the Wilson grip would be my first choice, presently.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the Wilson grip to be too narrow on the backstrap and it dug into my hand.

I am currently using the P320 standard grips but in the small size. But I have all the Sig small grips (normal and X) with safety cut for my M17's and Compact MS so I can swap around.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post