SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trigger hitting the frame causing wear on finish?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger hitting the frame causing wear on finish? Login/Join 
Picture of ducatiti
posted
P226 Trigger hitting frame when pulled?

Is this over travel normal that there is evident wear on the frame?

Trigger is literally touching the frame each time the trigger is pulled.

Adjustment needed?

Posts: 56 | Registered: June 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striving for Mediocrity
Picture of operator81
posted Hide Post
Normal for my Sigs.

3-7-77

Posts: 1213 | Registered: November 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ducatiti:
Trigger hitting the frame causing wear on finish?
Yes.

Adjustment needed?
You can't adjust the stock trigger. It's fixed. You might want to try Grayguns old P-SPIT or their newer P-SAIT.
Btw, the only SIGs with the P-SAIT or P-SAIT-like triggers are the DA/SA Legions.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Where on the frame is it hitting.
I own a P226 Scorpion. It is desert tan.
I can see where the trigger hits the frame inside the trigger guard.
It hits when the trigger is fully depressed. It is close the where the trigger comes through the hole in the frame.
Not sure if this the area you are talking about.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
Graysguns flat trigger a popular option here?

posted Hide Post
quote:

Sure some like the flat trigger but suspect that curved (either standard, adjustable or SRT) is more popular.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
Duplicate post

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
Ok.

I’m interested in the flat trigger but both black aluminum and steel are out of stock. Is there an advantage of one over the other?

Also, any other authorized dealers for grayguns? I can’t seem to find any one else.[/QUOTE]

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
Oh wait sorry for the noob question but will I lose the stock SRT function of my Scorpion if I replace it with a Grayguns Trigger?

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Where on the frame is it hitting.
I own a P226 Scorpion. It is desert tan.
I can see where the trigger hits the frame inside the trigger guard.
It hits when the trigger is fully depressed. It is close the where the trigger comes through the hole in the frame.
Not sure if this the area you are talking about.

Yes, that is where and when mine is hitting as well. For now, I placed an electrical tape.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The Grayguns trigger is a trigger and a trigger only.

https://grayguns.com/product/s...able-curved-trigger/

Or you can get a flat trigger if you so desire. It has zero impact on the SRT. The trigger is a little more pleasing to me under the finger, and it has the over travel stop. That's what it does. There is a little bit of a leverage change in it, and some people report the DA pull dropping by less than a pound. But, that isn't a guarantee on all of them.

As to any worry about the mark on the frame, I'm far more worried about global warming than I am fact the trigger on some of my older pistols are hitting the frame. And I still don't care about global warming. My guns get shot. A lot. And the little marks and dings are what they are supposed to do. One gun that has the mark has about 45k down the pipe. Still don't care about a little cosmetic mark.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
quote:

Sure some like the flat trigger but suspect that curved (either standard, adjustable or SRT) is more popular.

quote:
Oh wait sorry for the noob question but will I lose the stock SRT function of my Scorpion if I replace it with a Grayguns Trigger?

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Or you can get a flat trigger if you so desire. It has zero impact on the SRT. The trigger is a little more pleasing to me under the finger, and it has the over travel stop. That's what it does.

As to any worry about the mark on the frame, I'm far more worried about global warming than I am fact the trigger on some of my older pistols are hitting the frame. And I still don't care about global warming. My guns get shot. A lot. And the little marks and dings are what they are supposed to do. One gun that has the mark has about 45k down the pipe. Still don't care.

Ok, who used the term SRT correctly, and who didn't. Razz

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did, short reach trigger

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or you can get a flat trigger if you so desire. It has zero impact on the SRT. The trigger is a little more pleasing to me under the finger, and it has the over travel stop. That's what it does. There is a little bit of a leverage change in it, and some people report the DA pull dropping by less than a pound. But, that isn't a guarantee on all of them.

As to any worry about the mark on the frame, I'm far more worried about global warming than I am fact the trigger on some of my older pistols are hitting the frame. And I still don't care about global warming. My guns get shot. A lot. And the little marks and dings are what they are supposed to do. One gun that has the mark has about 45k down the pipe. Still don't care about a little cosmetic mark.

Ok thanks. One more thing. Can I just drop locktite after making the two adjustments, right on top of the screw? I don't think I'm capable of counting turns from a given point and putting locktite.

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Or you can get a flat trigger if you so desire. It has zero impact on the SRT. The trigger is a little more pleasing to me under the finger, and it has the over travel stop. That's what it does.

As to any worry about the mark on the frame, I'm far more worried about global warming than I am fact the trigger on some of my older pistols are hitting the frame. And I still don't care about global warming. My guns get shot. A lot. And the little marks and dings are what they are supposed to do. One gun that has the mark has about 45k down the pipe. Still don't care.

Ok, who used the term SRT correctly, and who didn't. Razz

I probably used it incorrectly, but what I meant was "Short Reset Trigger"... Can it also mean "reach"?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I probably used it incorrectly, but what I meant was "Short Reset Trigger"... Can it also mean "reach"?

You did correctly.
SRT officially stands for Short Reset Trigger, although it is a trigger system, and not an actual physical trigger. Then, folks started muddy the whole thing by using SRT to denote the short reach trigger (aka the thin trigger, or skinny trigger).

Q

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ok thanks. One more thing. Can I just drop locktite after making the two adjustments, right on top of the screw? I don't think I'm capable of counting turns from a given point and putting locktite.

I would not recommend dropping it on the back of the adjustment.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post