SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me Zastava Tokarev's, an M57 and M70A
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me Zastava Tokarev's, an M57 and M70A Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
The M57 is in much better shape as I paid the extra $20 Classic Firearms offers to have a pick of the liter. Classic didn't offer that with the M70A so there is some rust, some pitting. I am thinking of having it re-blued. It has been shot before too unlike the M57, once apart, the cosmoline off and cleaned it, it had not be shot...until I shot it! It shot like a beauty, that round is fun.

Now the M70A, is pitted with some rust. It didn't come covered in cosmoline so less to clean but it was dirty on the inside, had been fired quite a bit I think. But I like it and wanted to have one of each version. Haven't shot the M70 yet, maybe in the next few days. The external safety is real smooth, good place to have it though the M57 has no safety.

The triggers are not bad for what they are. The dingis in the M57 can cause a blister after shooting a while but still not a bad trigger for this type of gun IMO.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Wish there were modern pistols that shot the 7.62x25. Its an excellent round.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I only have ComBlock Tokarev copies: Romanian and Polish. The Polish is a partner to my Polish M-N 44- both made in the early 1950s.

You are right- it is a fun round. Good luck!

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post