SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My first X5 is a 320.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first X5 is a 320. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted

We'll see how it shoots next to the Swiss P210-6.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool! Mine shoots great! I shoot it as well as my new Shadow 2.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Nice- if the 320C is any indicator, it should shoot very well.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Mine is a tac driver. I think the 320 X5's are the best bang for for buck that you can get.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It'll be my first quality time with one of these new and fangled flat triggers. The pull is very nice. The weight is good, the sights, the whole package is mucho bueno.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! My first one was a 9mm P226 X5 Competition. I treated it to a Robert Burke action job.
* Very short take-up.
* Crisp 2-1/4 lb. break.
* Negligible over-travel.
* Very short, and very crisp, reset.

Makes me smile. I also put Hogue G10 black-gray G-Mascus checkered grips on it. Good pistol.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I was working at a gunshop/range when the X5s were first introduced. Shot them side by side with the P210 and 952. Today if I had a crack at an X6 I'd probably go for it but at the time they seemed ungainly. Accurate as the others, just a preference of the shooter.

Arc.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time figuring which is better, my P320 X5 or P210 target.

I have not put them in a ransom rest, nor benched them - just shooting them at 3 - 100 yards.

The GrayGuns trigger kit does improve the factory pull... https://grayguns.com/product/g...etition-trigger-kit/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. I have a DPP wasting away on another gun that I want to put on the X5 but I really like the irons and can't bring myself to.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
I was working at a gunshop/range when the X5s were first introduced. Shot them side by side with the P210 and 952. Today if I had a crack at an X6 I'd probably go for it but at the time they seemed ungainly. Accurate as the others, just a preference of the shooter.

Yes, the P226 X5 is a big pistol, and some folks will find it ungainly. When Robert Burke did the action job on mine he offered to move the trigger break point rearward, but I liked it right where it was. It’s a good pistol for me.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post