SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Quick Beretta question. Brigadier related
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick Beretta question. Brigadier related Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Can I convert a .40 Brigadier to a 9mm??

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure.

I've put a 9mm barrel in a .40 brig and it worked flawlessly (9mm mags).

Extractors are different too, but my .40 brig worked just fine with just a 9mm barrel and 9mm mags.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
Sure.

Extractors are different too, but my .40 brig worked just fine with just a 9mm barrel and 9mm mags.

Just to be clear, it needs to be a conversion barrel. Don’t put a standard 9mm barrel in your .40 S&W.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Sure.

Just to be clear, it needs to be a conversion barrel. Don’t put a standard 9mm barrel in your .40 S&W.

Why not? For the Beretta's, you don't need a conversion barrel, a 9mm barrel works in the .40 slide just fine.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sure.

Why not? For the Beretta's, you don't need a conversion barrel, a 9mm barrel works in the .40 slide just fine.

That’s was my understanding. I’ll stand corrected and then be interested in a 9mm barrel for my Brigadier Elite II. Hmmmmm.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone. How hard is it to change barrels and where might I find one?

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Thank you everyone. How hard is it to change barrels and where might I find one?

Beretta USA, GB, Ebay, just about anywhere.

No different than removing a barrel when you clean it, and putting in the 9mm one vs the .40. If you want to change the ejector, that's a bit more in depth, but I'd shoot it with the 9mm barrel first, see how she does, before working about swapping the ejector.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thanks!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:

Beretta USA, GB, Ebay, just about anywhere.

No different than removing a barrel when you clean it, and putting in the 9mm one vs the .40. If you want to change the ejector, that's a bit more in depth, but I'd shoot it with the 9mm barrel first, see how she does, before working about swapping the ejector.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sure.

That’s was my understanding. I’ll stand corrected and then be interested in a 9mm barrel for my Brigadier Elite II. Hmmmmm.

The need for specific conversion barrels varies with platform. Glocks and SIGS require them, Beretta 92/96 do not.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post