SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody have a S&W 22A or 22S? Instant Karma winner OldMick!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have a S&W 22A or 22S? Instant Karma winner OldMick! Login/Join 
posted
Anybody have one of these S&W's that they like to shoot?

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
I've had mine since 2008 and use it to warm up and as a training tool with friends and relatives learning to shoot. Had a few issues to date but still like it a lot.

Replaced two firing pins, recoil spring and take down button so far. Then a larger problem that Smith and Wesson repaired under warranty (at 7 years old).

Has an estimated 30 to 35K rounds through it and keeps chugging along.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
I've had mine since 2008 and use it to warm up and as a training tool with friends and relatives learning to shoot. Had a few issues to date but still like it a lot.

Replaced two firing pins, recoil spring and take down button so far. Then a larger problem that Smith and Wesson repaired under warranty (at 7 years old).

Cool - I have a NIB factory magazine that I will send you you for free. I don't have the gun but have a mag for one, go figure. I sent you an email to get your address.

Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:

Cool - I have a NIB factory magazine that I will send you you for free. I don't have the gun but have a mag for one, go figure. I sent you an email to get your address.

Wow! That's very kind of you. Thanks so much - I'll reply to your email with my address.

This forum, and the members here, never ceases to amaze me.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Mag for my 22A arrived today. Thanks again, dusty3030!

posted Hide Post
Awesome!

posted Hide Post
Have had three 22A. One of them was just a bit off and was sold. However, for a year they were used in bowling pin competition. I used a 4mm round file to make one of the slide/top grooves deep enough for a red-dot sight. Cut it very slowly and it was OK. Used an OLD Buckmark for iron sights and the 22S with red-dot in "dot" category. Wife used the other 22A. This year we used Victory SW22 with $19 red-dot and lightweight barrel.

Hard to beat SW22 or Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite. Competition is good for us. Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post