SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Carrying the G19X
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carrying the G19X Login/Join 
posted
After this past weekend's purchase of the G19X and subsequent 400 rounds of FMJ/120 hollow points shooting, I really like the Glock and have decided to carry it.
I know it has the 17 frame and I can conceal it relatively well. Love the capacity and just overall feeling of the pistol. I have always shot the full sized Glocks the best.
I decided on the Bladetech IWB kydex holster and while I'm not a huge fan of kydex, it feels comfortable. I'm lucky I know the owners of my LGS and they'll let me try on holsters.
So it's the Glock now and since Ohio weather has decided it's Summer for a few days, it'll be IWB.
I know there's probably some Glock fans that hate the 19X but I find it just what I need.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying one since I got my first (now up to three). Can't think of any downside other than its poop colored. I've milled mine and its totally perfect for what I need. Hoping soon to make a color change with the seasons.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I share your opinion of the 19x. Picked up a G45 (black version) over the weekend and it’s just as good. I am a firm believer in the Gen 5 upgrades. In past Gens, first thing I did was drop in an Agency trigger, Storm Lake barrel and extended slide release. In addition to the G19x and G45 I have picked up a Gen 5 G19 and G26. They have all been excellent in stock form.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Let me get this right, it’s a G17 frame with a G19 slide, when carried IWB, it conceals the same as any other G17, right?

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't get it myself, but people seem to really like the pistol.

It's all part of a greater plan. The prophecy must be fulfilled.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Let me get this right, it’s a G17 frame with a G19 slide, when carried IWB, it conceals the same as any other G17, right?

Yep, you got it.
I normally wouldn't carry a G17, 21 or 22 IWB but this works.
I know the whole thing about the grip being full sized and that's what could and does print but because the slide is shorter, I can carry it deeper inside my waistband. Sounds weird but it works for me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it didn't make a whole lotta sense to me but after buying a G45 and shooting it, I'm starting to figure it out.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

For conventional IWB, yes. For appendix IWB it actually may conceal better as one can use a lower ride holster and still not get poked since the slide is shorter.

I've carried my optic-milled 19x casually around the house; full sized grip is too big for 90% of my concealment needs. My buddy, who's a member here too, carries his iron-sighted 19x everywhere, full time.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
If you can do it then it's great. For me it's a non-starter unless I were to carry OWB or IWB small-of-the-back, neither approach I feel is desirable or even wanted for a variety of reasons. The G45 or G19X at best would fit a HD role only, and even there I'd rather it be my MPX that fulfills that task if 9mm were to be my caliber of choice.

But as it is 12GA (Shockwave) and/or 40S&W (G23) already do that role quite well. I still 'sort of' would like a G45 but as I alluded to in another thread it and the G19X haven't been compelling enough for either to be a must have firearm.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have found that when carrying aiwb the grip length doesn't matter as much as when I carried at 4:00. With the right belt and holster it should stay flat against your abdomen and not print at all.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post