SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Caved.......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Caved....... Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted
I know I shouldn't have done it. I have other more important things to do with my money. But I just couldn't pass up the great price and 4 Mag promotion!

Yep... I ordered a VP9...with the grey frame. I knew I would kick myself in a few months if I didn't take advantage of the promotion. Now to just wait until it comes in to my FFL.....

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I am inspired to look into the VP9.

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
VP9 is a great shooter, I prefer it to the P320

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These stupid deals are killing me. They are a great gun and with the extra mags,it is almost a no brainer.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I've been looking too! I handled a grey one at a show this weekend. Looked nice and felt great. One is probably in my future too!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yup, that's a great promotion they've got going on, considering what HK mags usually go for.

We got a couple of the gray framed VP9s a few days back; not a bad color though the gun in black to me still looks best. It's however definitely better than that food-poisoning, diarrhea-inspired shade HK called "FDE" for previous VP9s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

It's however definitely better than that food-poisoning, diarrhea-inspired shade HK called "FDE" for previous VP9s.

HK's FDE is pretty bad. I'm not sure what they're thinking. Maybe the employee that came up with that color was a secret agent from Glock.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I agree these deals this year have been great. I'm sure gun sales are bad for the manufacturers so they have to drive business somehow. Hopefully they stop with the deals cause I'm going broke buying them all because I have no will power to turn them down Big Grin

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
That is a GREAT deal

While, generally, I am not a fan of striker fired pistols, I was thinking about buying one. Even if just to have in my teaching inventory.

However I just painted the house, remodeled the kitchen and put new flooring down in the handloading room plus other household improvements that I decided to not spend the money.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
However I just painted the house, remodeled the kitchen and put new flooring down in the handloading room plus other household improvements that I decided to not spend the money.

These are the things I SHOULD be spending my money on. I have a basement room that needs to be remodeled, two bathrooms that need remodeling, and a few other items. I'll get to them soon....I'm in the remodeling business, so home renovations are a bit of a "bussman's holiday" for me. But I know they need to get done.....eventually.

posted Hide Post
Those mags are $50 a piece in my neck of the woods (more like arid desert wasteland). Sounds like you did good! The VP9 was my birthday gun this year and it's a nice pistol. I predict you'll be very happy with it.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I'm thoroughly in love with my VP9 and VP9sk. I suspect you guys will be very happy with your purchases.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Dry,can i ask how recoils is,and what you would compare 115 grain wwb to a glock or sw mp and the vp 9.That 4 mag program is a big deal,as those mags also fit the p30 gun,and the hk guys will always buy a few extra mags

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! I have 2 including the grey one. I love them. Just know you will need to run some strong ammo through it for the first 15-200 rounds. The vp9 now has the same recoil spring as the vp40, and it's noticeably stiffer. Congrats again!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
Dry,can i ask how recoils is,and what you would compare 115 grain wwb to a glock or sw mp and the vp 9.That 4 mag program is a big deal,as those mags also fit the p30 gun,and the hk guys will always buy a few extra mags

Recoil, to me, is very manageable. I have had no issues with 115 or 124gr in either the VP9 or sk. Oddly, I actually shoot the sk a little bit better than the VP9.... but that's got to all be in my head. I'm currently Glock free, but owned probably 8-10 over the years. I do have a 2.0 M&P though, that is one sweet shooter. Muzzle flip is hard to determine- VP9 or 2.0 The M&P is a really "flat" shooter, but I think the VP9 may be more accurate. Hope that helps some, sounds like a lot of conjecture!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post