SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P290
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P290 Login/Join 
posted
Gotta admit I've been carrying my wifes P290 .380 while she has been in the hospital, it fits perfect in a pair of the 511 jeans.

Scouts Out

Posts: 1118 | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Not a bad pocket gun as long as you stick with the 6 round magazine.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you might be surprised to find that the P365 9 mm is a little thinner and a little lighter than the P290, but the 365 has much higher capacity.

Posts: 695 | Registered: June 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P290RS. I like the revolver-like DAO trigger. It is very safe to carry with a round in the chamber. It is solid, accurate and fits fine in the pocket. You can also put your thumb on the hammer when placing it or removing it from the pocket for extra safety. I also like the restrike feature. Like a revolver.

I also have the P365 and of course, I like the higher capacity. But as much as I like it, I opted for the manual safety version because of the light trigger. It is also not quite the pocket gun for me that the P290RS is. It can be done, but I prefer it AIWB. I just train myself to operate the safety when I use it. I have had a lot of guns with safeties, so no problem.

I have put the Hogue sleeve grips on both of them. They work well for me.

Each gun has its place.

I also have a Glock, but never got comfortable with the lighter trigger with no manual safety, so I wouldn't carry it with a round in the chamber.

I prefer the Sigs the way I have them configured. (I know, lots of folks like the lighter trigger on the Glocks and P365 with no manual safety, but that's their choice).

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have the P290RS in 380 awould advise anyone considering darrying this pistol to spend some time on the range with it. Because mine will only make it thru a full magazine without jamming about 3 out of 10 times.

BTW, I have tried multiple brands and types of ammunition and it's always the same result, ejection so weak that the empty case ends up back in the chamber much too frequently. Thinking going "hotter" might improve that I made up some +P+ 380 in an effort to increase the slide velocity and that did NOT work. About the only way to insure it won't jam is to shoot it with the ejection port pointing down towards the ground. So if you insist on carrying this jamomatic better start practicing shooting Gansta Style with your left hand.

I will also say that it's a darned shame it's so unreliable because it really does have a very sweet DAO trigger, darned near a match to my S&W revolvers. Had hopes that it could be used as an alternate to my model 19 or 67 because the 380 is really cheap to reload for but with all the jams it's just to irritating to be used as a range gun.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I carried one of the original (not one of the re-strike ones) 290s in 9mm for a while and never had a problem with it in practice... not one malfunction... it's for sure a beefy little pistol... mine came with the factory laser which got me hooked on them...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post