SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    what is a good belt holder for a 5rd .38SPL HKS speedloader (1.5" thick leather belt)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what is a good belt holder for a 5rd .38SPL HKS speedloader (1.5" thick leather belt)? Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
what is a good belt holder for a 5rd .38SPL HKS speedloader (1.5" thick leather belt)? i see double holders (holds two) - looking for a single.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I EDCd a 642 for several years, and my favorite speedloader pouch is the JOX. It's a kydex pouch that carries the loader above the belt line. Secure, but fast to draw. I used it with a Beltman 1.5" double-layer gunbelt, and it worked great. I often carried two with a spacer, but they can be purchased/carried as singles. A little pricey, but worth it for revolver carriers, imo. Very good customer service, too.

http://www.joxloaderpouches.com/

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Back when I occasionally carried a 642, I used a Simply Rugged "Split Six" speedloader belt pouch.

(Despite the name, it's also available for 5 shot J frames.)

It's a single. And the rounds straddle the belt, so it doesn't have all the bulk of a traditional leather speedloader pouch that has the entirety of the speedloader hanging off the front of the belt. Makes it easier to conceal.

https://www.simplyrugged.com/e...em_id=154&parent=671

Andrews Leather offers a similar design called the "Slimloader":
http://www.andrewsleather.com/magazine.htm

Posts: 32427 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Galco BSL-J

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
great stuff guys - Thanks!

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Back when I occasionally carried a 642, I used a Simply Rugged "Split Six" speedloader belt pouch.

IIRC mine for an S&W model 10 were made by Safariland. Definitely the best method for carrying speedloaders.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Biggest problem with Split-Six (Five?) holders applies to those who use Safariland speedloaders, because the release mechanism rides on top of the belt. Enough downward pressure and the rounds will release. Never happened to me, but have heard of it happening to others.

Of course, this is a non-issue with HKS loaders.

On a minor note, I've used both the Simply Rugged and Safariland versions. Both were good, but I did have one problem with the snapped flap. I carry my reloads on my left side, and from time to time the bolster on my car's driver seat would pop open the snap when getting in or out of my car. Fortunately, the loader always fell inside the car. One of the main reasons I went with the JOX pouches. This may or may not be an issue depending on how you carry, but something to consider.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I have several of these: https://www.tedblockerholsters...oader-Clip_p_78.html

Just a metal clip. Not super fast to deploy, but at least you have extra ammo.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
On a minor note, I've used both the Simply Rugged and Safariland versions. Both were good, but I did have one problem with the snapped flap. I carry my reloads on my left side, and from time to time the bolster on my car's driver seat would pop open the snap when getting in or out of my car. Fortunately, the loader always fell inside the car.

I never encountered that with my Simply Rugged Split Six pouch. But if that's a concern, the Andrew Leather version has the snap positioned on top of the pouch.

Posts: 32427 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Safariland Split-Six & DeSantis Second Six Pouches

^ The Desantis Second Six looks like it may work also.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Safariland Split-Six & DeSantis Second Six Pouches

^ The Desantis Second Six looks like it may work also.

I've used the DeSantis since the 1970's for K, L and J-frames. Used H&K speedloaders on 1 1/4" belt. Didn't know they still made them until I Googled. Very good carrier for concealment use. Pricey, but so is just about everything else nowadays.

https://www.desantisholster.co...ond-six-speedloader/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
here's what i use now.