SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Grips for some Ruger Revolvers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Grips for some Ruger Revolvers Login/Join 
posted
Got some new grip inserts from Chad at http://chigsgrips.com/ and thought I'd share some pictures. All three sets are beautiful and fit great! I'm very pleased with them!

The first set are Claro Walnut. I liked them so much that I ordered two more sets for my DAO SP101 and GP100.

These are Quilted Maple. I think these match the grain of the horsehide pretty good.

Last but not least, Birdseye Maple for the old GP100. I need to make some leather for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: countryboy,

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Looks nice! He does some great work.
I picked up mine last year, wanting something completely different.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Those look really nice, and the holsters look great also!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Any word on whether or not he'll do them for the Super Redhawk in the old insert style?

I've been investigating an SRH in 454.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Any word on whether or not he'll do them for the Super Redhawk in the old insert style?

I've been investigating an SRH in 454.

I think he makes them for the Super Redhawk but I don't know about the "old" style. I would call or email him and ask. I called him once and left a voice mail and he called back a few minutes later. He was also quick to answer emails as well. Very nice guy.

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Makes me want to go buy a ruger sp101 just so I can order holster and put maple grip inserts on.

Paul Wright

Posts: 9 | Registered: October 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very nice grips Ryan. I'm not a can of the original Ruger grips, but with those inserts they look much better.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Very happy with mine. Good thread.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I really like the look of the horsehide holster with those maple grips. Sharp combo.

Thanks for the heads up on this gentleman. I've been wanting to try some different grips on my New Vquero and I see some tempting options on his site.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice combos you have there.

I wish there were more options for changing out the complete grip on the SP101.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Good looking inserts. I'd never go back to that old rubber grip myself after the last time I used it and my GP100 ended up splitting my hand wide open, but at least it would make the gun look pretty as it was doing so. Frown

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks!

quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Nice combos you have there.

I wish there were more options for changing out the complete grip on the SP101.

There are a few options around. Pachmayr makes rubber and G10 grips. Hougue makes rubber and wood. Badger and Eagle both make wood grips.

Here is a photo of my SP101 wearing Badger boot grips which I still have and like. These are the ones I just took off. I just wanted something different for a while. The factory rubber grips feel good in hand to me but I have never liked the plastic inserts. I use to wear overalls all the time and was limited in how I could carry. My overalls had large front pockets so I would pocket carry my SP101 and with the Badger boot grips it worked well. They also makes a larger full size grip.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Good looking inserts. I'd never go back to that old rubber grip myself after the last time I used it and my GP100 ended up splitting my hand wide open, but at least it would make the gun look pretty as it was doing so. Frown

Just curious, how did the factory rubber grips cause your hand to get cut? Did the grip frame get you somehow?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by countryboy:

There are a few options around. Pachmayr makes rubber and G10 grips. Hougue makes rubber and wood. Badger and Eagle both make wood grips.

Thank you!

It seems Badger has a set that I'd like.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your welcome!

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Those are really nice grips, and the prices are good too.

It says he can do 1911 grips, I may have to order a set

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post