SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p250-22LR - mis-feed/round damage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p250-22LR - mis-feed/round damage Login/Join 
posted
Hi all.
Brand new to the forum.
I did search, and didn't find anything (may have overlooked it) about any challenges with the p250-22 mis-feeding and kinking rounds on the feed ramp.

Had about 20 of them today, where the round was slamming into the (very much sharper than any feed ramp I've ever seen), and getting a gouge in the nose of the round and then the slide-return actually bent the round as it tried to feed.

Very, very consistent, meaning each round to which this happened, had the same marks and damage.

Any others had this problem? I snapped a pic of what it looked like and I'll post the pic if anyone thinks it may be helpful.

Thanks for any feedback! Forums are a great place to learn.

String

Posts: 107 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What ammo were you using?

More than one mag?

We have a P250-22 that everyone in my family shoots a lot and it's never had a feeding problem. Mostly using bulk Golden Bullets, Fed bulk packs, and CCI mini-mags.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCI Mini-mags. Have 2 mags. Ha. didn't think to mark one. I think they both fouled. Usually on the 9th round. Odd as that may sound.

posted Hide Post
An update:
I showed the 250 to a Sig armorer, and he suggested, instantly, to get an RMA and have Sig look at it. Something is definitely not right with it. Will post updates once it's returned.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Make sure you update once it’s back. I’ll be interested to hear what SIG says.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings! I did a little bit of examination of the magazines that I got with the 250 and the additional mags I purchased. Universally, the follower was kept from rising to its proper height by some plastic that was either moulded too tightly, or something. They were tiny little "lips" that kept the follower too low on last-round. So I took a fine, flat needle file and cleaned them up ever-so-slightly. Then I went to the range and ran about 200 rounds through all mags with zero ammo-damage. The armorer I met, went to the mags first and pointed out they may be the place to start. So, not really wanting to send my 250 back to Sig, I tried a bit and filing the mags seemed to do the trick. The take-down is still, inexplicably difficult (I have to crank the slide to get it to come off) and, I may send it back to have that looked at, if it doesn't magically "break in"...

So...there's the update. I'll update as may be valuable.

Thanks for the feedback!

Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I made my own "slide lock" followers out of Black Dog Machine AR-22 magazine followers. They are already almost a perfect fit, increased the capacity to 12 by cutting the bottom plug in half and then you know when you're out of rounds instead of pulling the trigger on an empty chamber. They dont actuate the actual slide lock, but prevent it from going back into battery when empty.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's very cool. Not sure why Sig would make a mag that wouldn't hold the slide open after last round. So... I count. Or try to.
Would enjoy not worrying about slapping that firing pin against steel, for sure.