SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DA/SA Legion owners. Did you adjust your trigger overtravel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA Legion owners. Did you adjust your trigger overtravel? Login/Join 
Picture of highlander81
posted
I was certainly aware of the overtravel adjustment on my 226 Legion, but I assumed it had been factory adjusted. After I put around a thousand rounds through the pistol, I gave the overtravel a look. I discovered it was far from being optimal. Setting it up properly made the pistol even better.

Legion owners, what's your experience? Did you need to adjust yours or was it good to go as shipped from the factory?

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Wow, I had no idea the DA/SA Legion triggers were even adjustable! Time to play...

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does one adjust the trigger?

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found this online--hope this is OK to post.

Legion Trigger Adjustment

I called GGI today for information on how to adjust the trigger, and I was told that Mr. Gray recommends turning the screw one quarter turn counterclockwise past the point the hammer falls.

If you depress the trigger and turn the screw clockwise, you will feel the trigger start to move forward as you turn. There will be a point where you can cock the hammer, pull the trigger and nothing will happen. With the hammer cocked, holding the trigger in the fully depressed position, begin to turn the screw counterclockwise until the hammer falls, then give it another quarter turn.

Excellent information. On a side note. The gun must be cocked in order to access the P-SAIT allen set screw, otherwise, you will not be able to clear the locking insert without removing it.

So what is this Grayguns trigger and how is it adjustable? The Grayguns P-SAIT is machined from tough alloy steel and is “Intermediate” in size compared to the standard and short versions of factory Sig Sauer trigger. The trigger face is smoother and more rounded as well. You can use an allen wrench while the slide is off the pistol to adjust the allen screw in the trigger to adjust over travel in DA mode. There is still trigger travel past the reset point. This gun has the factory (SRT) Short Reset Trigger parts so the reset is very short and crisp. The DA trigger pull is very smooth and there is no stacking effect (Increased weight) at the end of the pull. Typical Sig Sauer P229 triggers can vary in smoothness and weight. I have not taken apart the pistol so I don’t know what contributes to how smooth and light the Legion trigger is but I have heard rumors of micro polishing of the internals.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
RC Fan, those instructions look good. I'll just mention one thing. You field strip your Legion to get to the over travel adjustment.

Strip the gun, look straight down on the interior of the frame through the locking block. The set screw should be obvious.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RC Fan: Thanks for the instructions. I made good use of them and adjusted the OT out of my P226 Legion and am very happy with the results. Very easy to do.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Mine must have LocTite on it. I don't think I want to fool with it.

It's fine the way it is.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
installed the PSAIT trigger on my Elite Stainless and adjusted as per the directions. I much prefer the elimination of over-travel and the trigger just feels better. Basically with the SRT trigger and PSAIT installed, I now have the Legion trigger on a Fully stainless steel SIg. Nice!

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is also another item that must be checked when adjusting the GGI trigger. Once you get the hammer to fall and give the screw another 1/4 turn the firing pin travel must be checked. I had two cases where the firing pin was not moving freely because the safety lever had not raised the firing pin block out of the way. When you limit the over travel you also reduce how far the FPB is moved. Pull the trigger all the way back, keep the hammer back with your thumb and use any type of rod to push the firing pin back and forth. The firing pin should move freely with no binding or rubbing against the FPB. It you feel any binding give the trigger another 1/4 turn and check the firing pin again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbacker_99,

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! This is all great information. I'd add that the screw we supply to SIG SAUER includes a bonded threadlocker compound. We recommend that you back it up with a small drop of penetrating green LocTite on the degreased screw, to ensure it doesn't walk after readjustment. Thank you!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bruce. Sure is a nice set-up!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gundog55:
installed the PSAIT trigger on my Elite Stainless and adjusted as per the directions. I much prefer the elimination of over-travel and the trigger just feels better. Basically with the SRT trigger and PSAIT installed, I now have the Legion trigger on a Fully stainless steel SIg. Nice!

I did the same on my Allround.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post