SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ has a new micro
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ has a new micro Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted
P-10 M

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Is there enough market left for another 9mm Micro that holds only 7 rounds in the mag? It looks nice and all, but why would anyone who doesn't already have another 6-7 round mag 9mm micro want this over other newer micro 9 designs (P365/Hellcat) holding 10-11+ in the mag at the same size?

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I credit them for entering that fiercely competitive arena. Looks Like a nice design. Between my Kimber Micro 9 which has proven to be both hyper accurate & reliable and my P365. I’m standing pat. My G26 has been getting a lot of edc time as of late..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
Looks a lot bigger than my P-365??

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
Is there enough market left for another 9mm Micro that holds only 7 rounds in the mag? It looks nice and all, but why would anyone who doesn't already have another 6-7 round mag 9mm micro want this over other newer micro 9 designs (P365/Hellcat) holding 10-11+ in the mag at the same size?

Yeah, just plain dumb.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Agree, this is a few years too late. Why they forged ahead with this project is crazy to me. They should have abandoned this project and gone to a micro double stack approach. Waste of time and resources as a business imo.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not interested but if you like glocks the p10 is a better Glock. I have become a big fan. Just added the optics ready version to the stable. It comes from factory with great sights. Tritium front with large orange ring, ala XD’s. Thought about swapping them to regular p10 since I was putting a dot on it but there were some issues so it wasn’t worth it.

Bottom line if you like glocks (or 320’s) try out the p10.

Edit: I watched the video. That particular version does seem odd. What’s up with that trigger too?

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I thought this thread was going to be about the new 2nd Gen Scorpion EVO 3 Micro with the folding brace and redesigned muzzle device.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:

Yessir, I have owned and carried a PM9 since 2007. A micro 9 has not peaked my interest until the 365 showed up, same size and about double the rounds. I will be getting one soon. What is CZ thinking?

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my P10s but since I have my Kahr K9, I have no need for this CZ.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
It brings nothing new to the table, so about the only thing that would make it competitive in its market would be price. You can get a Mossberg MC1sc for $300 and until recently, a S&W Shield for $200, but I doubt the new CZ will be priced that low.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I agree with the sentiment that I am not sure what it brings to the modern table. That said there is something to be said for keeping your defensive lineup all in the family so to speak. (all glock, all SIG, all HK etc. etc.) and this give CZ folks another option to cover all their bases in the family.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Walther PPS that first came out in 2007 and was very pricey at that time at about $700 but built like a little tank. Mine is first generation and the steel internal frame IMO has a lot to do with the PPS being a soft shooter and uncanny accurate for it's size.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I watched a comparison video and it looks fatter than the Walther PPS. I think the only way it would have been successful if it was very thin. It is basically a Shield redesign.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
My two current carry guns are the CZ P10c and the PPS Classic. I really love both platforms. When worn IWB, I change nothing about my cover garment or belt, and find no comfort difference unless my activities become more physical due to the weight difference. OWB is a different story.

I understand that those who really enjoy the CZ P platform may find this a valuable option for AIWB, but seems to me that its positioning in the line up is less valuable due to the P10s already on the market.

If it had the same capacity as the P10s, but in a thinner, smaller package, than that would be a contender. As it is, I think the marketing department must have missed the last few shot shows.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Apparently FN just did the same thing, and it's getting the same reaction.

Of course, we don't have access to gun manufacturers sales data. Just because it's a me-too product, and is in fact slightly dated, maybe they still sell. How many companies sell Glock 19 clones now?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I prefer the Walther PPS that first came out in 2007 and was very pricey at that time at about $700 but built like a little tank. Mine is first generation and the steel internal frame IMO has a lot to do with the PPS being a soft shooter and uncanny accurate for it's size.

I agree with you. I have 2 of them , the 9mm and the 40. Never had a problem with the backstrap, as I installed a Hogue Beavertail grip on both of them, which vastly improved the grip.

The paddle mag release suits me, not accidental mag releases. I paid $400 for each of mine, had always wanted one back when they were introduced...couldn't afford it then.

I had both of mine treatd with Ion Bond, DLC., and both have night sights.

The M2 is a nice pistol, but I prefer the M1.

I wish CZ good luck with this pistol.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read the Recoil article on this new pistol and they say it isn't going to be imported to the USA. It doesn't meet the sporting-purpose point test because it's too small.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This is why it took so long for Glock to get the 43 out in the US market.

Doesn't CZ have a production facility in KC?

quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
I just read the Recoil article on this new pistol and they say it isn't going to be imported to the USA. It doesn't meet the sporting-purpose point test because it's too small.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

I agree with you. I have 2 of them , the 9mm and the 40. Never had a problem with the backstrap, as I installed a Hogue Beavertail grip on both of them, which vastly improved the grip.

The paddle mag release suits me, not accidental mag releases. I paid $400 for each of mine, had always wanted one back when they were introduced...couldn't afford it then.

I had both of mine treatd with Ion Bond, DLC., and both have night sights.

The M2 is a nice pistol, but I prefer the M1.

I wish CZ good luck with this pistol.

I still carry my PPS M1 in 40sw, also own the 9mm M1 and M2, but prefer the 40sw. Great little gun, nothing has made me want to jump ship to another platform after all these years.
The P365 sparked my interest, until I dry fired a half dozen of them. They all have that sponge feel after the trigger breaks, dreadful...haha. My P320 did the same thing, sold it.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post