SIGforum
P365 Safety

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2050087674

November 19, 2020, 02:00 PM
ACP1
P365 Safety
Ordered a grip modual and safety from Gray Guns. Everything fits well and works great. And, my non-safety pocket holsters work just fine with the added safety.

By the way, the sights appear quite dull for being around for such a short time. Anyone else have that problem?
November 19, 2020, 02:30 PM
Stroonz
My 365 came factory safety. I had a choice of with / without; I chose having the safety. I can use it or not.....I like having choices.
November 19, 2020, 02:53 PM
MWC
Mine has a safety, because I live in Massachusetts and that's the "MA-compliant" model.. The safety is too small, way too small, to hit reliably on a draw presentation so I don't use it.

November 19, 2020, 03:15 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
By the way, the sights appear quite dull for being around for such a short time.

How bright are they in comparison to the night sights on your other pistols?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
November 20, 2020, 12:06 PM
ACP1
Compared to my other pistols the sights are dull. However, I don't know how bright the sites are supposed to be. When I watch videos of the 365 I see what looks like a very bright front sight.

the sight compares well with my 12 year old 220, dull.
November 20, 2020, 04:34 PM
sigfreund
If you have something to compare the sights with, you may be correct. I ask, though, because I often believe that people have no basis to decide whether theirs are dim. Letting our eyes become dark adapted has a big influence on how bright they appear.

I will say, though, that when I compared the X-RAY3 sights on my recently-purchased P365 with the same sights on a P320 that’s a bit older, the P365’s sights were a bit dimmer, and the front sight was a little brighter than the rear lamps. They are all bright enough for their intended purpose, though.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
November 20, 2020, 04:52 PM
Sig Fever
Both my P365X and P365XL front sight is much less bold than my Hellcat front sight.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!
November 20, 2020, 10:09 PM
lkdr1989
Yeah, the factory night sights are not very bright and I'm really considering replacing them.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
November 24, 2020, 11:36 AM
Stroonz
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
By the way, the sights appear quite dull for being around for such a short time.

How bright are they in comparison to the night sights on your other pistols?

I didn’t like the X-ray sights at all they were dull out of the box. I just recently swapped them out for TFOs;fiber optic tritium sights Great in daylight and bright at night
November 24, 2020, 11:41 AM
pedropcola
Dig certainly has sent out dead sights before. I bought a 290 RS (everyone hates them but I like mine) that I clearly didn’t check well because it either died in the first week or I bought it dead. Called Sig they offered to have me send it in or they would send me a front sight. I had them send a new one, works great now.
November 25, 2020, 01:21 PM
ACP1
Stroonz, what is the identification number on your TFO's for the Sig 365? Thanks.