SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any 320X5 Owners Here ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any 320X5 Owners Here ? Login/Join 
posted
I handled a 320X5 today at my LGS .
For $849.00 I was very impressed with what you got . Anybody here have some trigger time with one ?
Thanks in advance .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, shot 200 rounds through it this week, very accurate, the trigger is slightly better than my P320 full size. I let a couple of friends shoot it and they were impressed with it.

IYAAYAS

Posts: 28 | Location: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: December 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have put maybe 250 rounds through mine. Very soft shooting and well balanced. Quick to get back on target with the weight where you want it, and not where you don't. Very accurate and 100% reliable. Only thing I am a bit concerned about is it seems to sting my trigger finger. Installed a GGI PELT and it helped, but am thinking of switching to a curved trigger.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
I'm a new P320X5 owner and I'm pretty happy with it. I was fully invested in the P320 platform prior so it was just natural to pick one of these up. I think Sig and Bruce did and excellent job on grip module ergonomic improvements. A lot of thought went into where and why.

I do have to echo sentiments about quality coming out of the Sig manufacturing lines lately. My front sight came, while slightly, visibly off center. I had to adjust my rear sight all the way right to get close to aligned using the irons. Unfortunately, the recoil spring shroud prevents the slide from fitting in my sight pusher tool and I can't bring myself to chuck it up in a vise and wail away at it.

Lock up seems perfect but I have heard some early adopters really struggling straight out of the box with stiffness and the slide not returning fully forward on manual manipulation. I have fears (mostly unfounded) of press-checking during LaMR and it firing slightly out of battery after the buzzer. I make a very conscious effort to push the slide forward after chambering the round.

I mounted the Romeo1 from my RXC and it fits perfectly. Unfortunately, after half a box of HD ammo, the Romeo lense cracked vertically. Not sure exactly what caused it but it was mid magazine. I had probably 1k rounds on the optic prior but it's still not confidence inspiring. I think the Romeo1 COULD be the leader of the Carry Optics pack if they could improve durability substantially. The height is perfect, the weight is great, viewing window size is on par or better than the competition. The finish on the lense shroud is crap and chips with the most minor contact and lenses have not been holding up. YMMV

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picking mine up tomorrow, actually, it's my finacee's new uspsa gun. Can't wait to get itSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
The finish on the lense shroud is crap and chips with the most minor contact and lenses have not been holding up. YMMV

My new 320RX with about 500 down range, cleaning whole gun for first time, had considerable paint come off the optic base. Sig has it for repair.

So far 100% perfect functioning...except this paint issue.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've previously handled the regular P320, both with the stock trigger and the Apex flat trigger. My impression was unimpressed. Then, someone said, "You got to shoot it" to really know. I wasn't convinced then, and I'm definitely not convinced, now. Why?

Today, I got some quick time for a range session with my P226 X5 L1. After finishing shooting, I was shooting the breeze with the shop manager and mentioned about the P320 X5. Turned out that he had one, his personal gun. He let me play with it, then was nice enough to let me shoot it. Two things that immediately jumped to my mind:

1- The grip definitely could use some more traction. If you love the M&P 2.0 or the Glock RTF2 grip, or even the Gen4 Glock grip, then you will be disappointed with the P320 X5 grip.

2- The trigger was unimpressive. Lighter than the Glock, yes, but definitely feels mushy before it breaks. I don't know, maybe I was expecting too much out of this gun? After all, it's just a fancy looking production gun. But then, the PPQ is just another production gun but has outstanding trigger.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked mine up and the gun looks and feels awesome. I do notice when racking the slide it doesn't always return to battery. I am hoping it will resolve itself with some rounds through it. Also, I notice after you pull the trigger you can keep pulling it and get a pretty strong click, even though the slide hasn't been manipulated. Normal? I appreciate anyone's experience with these two issues. Also, it has not been cleaned or lubed or shot, so that may help.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
Just picked mine up and the gun looks and feels awesome. I do notice when racking the slide it doesn't always return to battery. I am hoping it will resolve itself with some rounds through it. Also, I notice after you pull the trigger you can keep pulling it and get a pretty strong click, even though the slide hasn't been manipulated. Normal? I appreciate anyone's experience with these two issues. Also, it has not been cleaned or lubed or shot, so that may help.

The click without racking the slide is perfectly normal. The sear cycles regardless of striker position.

The stiff lockup also seems to be getting better but still a little stiff (500 rounds so far). I do think the gun will benefit from a lighter mainspring but that will also not help this situation also.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dEX_RX:
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:

The click without racking the slide is perfectly normal. The sear cycles regardless of striker position.

The stiff lockup also seems to be getting better but still a little stiff (500 rounds so far). I do think the gun will benefit from a lighter mainspring but that will also not help this situation also.

Thank you!!

posted Hide Post
I recently acquired one and shot it for the first time today. As it turns out, I overpaid a bit but I suppose it's OK as I did quite enjoy firing it. The trigger was perhaps slightly lighter than my other P320s were when new but not really any better in terms of crispness or anything like that. As Q said, they are mushy as P320s tend to be.

I also brought a a full size TACOPS with me to the range - a pistol that came with an exceptionally nice trigger feel from the factory, and when combined with the GrayGuns PELT flat trigger, the result seems to be that the TACOPS has a better trigger overall than the P320X5. That said, I quite liked the grip shape and frame relief of the P320X5 and found that it feels substantial while not feeling heavier than it should. It certainly looks the part, and the front sight is quite nice.

It certainly seems worth a premium over a regular P320 though how much of a premium may be up to the individual.

All that said, the sum of the parts deliver unquestionably good results. I was immediately shooting quite well (for me, anyway) and it delivered the best groups of the visit...ragged holes, as it were.

I think anyone who likes the P320 will like this X5 as it is an improvement, no doubt. But, as mentioned before...whether it's worth it will be up to the individual.

I do look forward to trying an optic on it; I think that will be a nice differentiation between it and my TACOPS which is an excellent shooter also for considerably less money, even with the PELT trigger.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
I agree with 12131. I've shot the P226 X5 L1 and the P320 X5s may offer a lot of benefits but the trigger is mushy garbage unworthy of bearing an "X5" nomenclature. If the trigger was smooth with a clean break I'd buy one.

An out of the box competition gun should not need any trigger work at all for the average shooter. Frankly, Sig missed the mark with a trigger that feels worse than other standard striker fired production guns made by Glock, S&W and Springfield. Sad really.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post