SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320RX range trip
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320RX range trip Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Picked up my P320RX purchased from a fellow Sig Forum member. She looks like new, though I believe it was taken on one range trip before I bought it. I have a P320C with Trijicon HD sights already but the RX kinda fell into my lap. Anyway I took it out today and put about 60 rounds thru it without a hiccup. I really like these P320s they handle well, have a good trigger out of the box, and come with good sights. Think I'll keep a couple. First ten rounds from the 7 yard line, then the pair together in a Sig family photo.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P320 and the ROMEO1 are a great combo, aren't they. Congrats on a great pistol.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just got one of these P320 with Romeo sights in and it's been taunting me to buy it and take it out shooting. This post makes me want to even more.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
The P320 and the ROMEO1 are a great combo, aren't they. Congrats on a great pistol.

Yes sir, a great combination. Smile

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
We just got one of these P320 with Romeo sights in and it's been taunting me to buy it and take it out shooting. This post makes me want to even more.

Just do it! Kidding, but it would be tempting to have to look at it all day.
I'm going to add the rubberized Talon grip on this one also. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
All I can say is 'maybe' on these. This past weekend a couple of guys showed up for our regular steel match with new 320RX's. The first one (which I'm told was not shot previously) lasted exactly 13 rounds till the optic was dead. The second died towards the end of the match (before 96 rounds).
I really wish sig would get with the program and give us the option of other sights on this slide.
FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
All I can say is 'maybe' on these. This past weekend a couple of guys showed up for our regular steel match with new 320RX's. The first one (which I'm told was not shot previously) lasted exactly 13 rounds till the optic was dead. The second died towards the end of the match (before 96 rounds).
I really wish sig would get with the program and give us the option of other sights on this slide.
FWIW>

Well, I made it to 60 today. We'll see how it holds up. Smile

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Nice little family there OP!!!

Had my recently new one out to the range 3 or 4 times since purchase couple weeks back.

Tomorrow is first steel match.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Very nice - glad you like it. I'm really liking the RX as well.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
Nice little family there OP!!!

Had my recently new one out to the range 3 or 4 times since purchase couple weeks back.

Tomorrow is first steel match.

Cool, let us know how you do with it. Big Grin

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I was able to shoot another 50 from each of the 320s today. Again no issues what so ever. They feel great in my hand and look forward to more time with each. Big Grin

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
OP: per your request update on my first steel match with the 320RX: no glitches. No failure. Something short of 200 rounds. In fact. Scored my best steel match time ever. Optic much appreciated.

Some stages were facing directly into the bright sun. The dot was very visible when I bumped up the intensity a notch or 2.

Love the co-witness design.

After cleaning noticed some paint coming off optic base.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: signewt,

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
OP: per your request update on my first steel match with the 320RX: no glitches. No failure. Something short of 200 rounds. In fact. Scored my best steel match time ever. Optic much appreciated.

Some stages were facing directly into the bright sun. The dot was very visible when I bumped up the intensity a notch or 2.

Love the co-witness design.

After cleaning noticed some paint coming off optic base.

Very nice. It takes a little getting used to for me, but it looks like I shoot better with the optic also. Thanks for the update.

orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
All the Romeo failures I have seen so far are the battery cover slowly coming loose. Once me and my shooting buddy started using a screwdriver on the battery cover I've seen zero issues over a couple thousand rounds. The tool SIG ships with the Romeo is worthless, use a screwdriver.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
All the Romeo failures I have seen so far are the battery cover slowly coming loose. Once me and my shooting buddy started using a screwdriver on the battery cover I've seen zero issues over a couple thousand rounds. The tool SIG ships with the Romeo is worthless, use a screwdriver.

Good info, I'll snug mine up tomorrow. Just in case. Big Grin

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:

I picked one up about 2 weeks ago and have about 500 rounds through it.

The battery cover came loose on mine, also. Tightened it with a screw driver, waiting to see if it loosens again. +1 on the SIG tool. I could see the blade bending while tightening the battery cover.

The iron sights were off on mine, but once I got it sighted in, I fell in love. 4.5" groups at 25 yards with the pistol on a bag, using the RMR. 2.5" at 25 yards, on a bag, using the RMR and running suppressed. This was using cheap, bulk, 115gr FMJ.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I think I'm saving my pennies and going to get one for myself for Christmas this year.

I really want to try a RDS pistol and the 320RX seems like the most efficient and economical way to do it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I think I'm saving my pennies and going to get one for myself for Christmas this year.

I really want to try a RDS pistol and the 320RX seems like the most efficient and economical way to do it.

I own two RXs, a P226 and a P320fs, and am 51 with pretty good but declining eyesight and think the RX is an awesome concept. The above pistols are my most accurate. The reflex sight can be a game changer for those of us whose eyes aren't quite so flexible anymore. The P320RX is a hell of a package, well thought out, at a relatively affordable price.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
FWIW>

FWIW, alot of the battery issues I have read are due to the battery cover not being completely tight. If it backs off during shooting (and it will - Mine did but caught it before it loosened up too much).

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
First ten rounds from the 7 yard line,

Proof my troubles with the 320RX were me and not the gun. Glad shes workin for ya!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post