SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NAA Mini revolvers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAA Mini revolvers Login/Join 
posted
I was thinking about buying a “Pug-T”.

Any thoughts on models? 22 Magnum for sure.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Got a few of them. Shop around for a Ranger or a Sidewinder if you can. Don't rule out a .17 HMR model.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I have the pug Tritium ported. Nicely built and more accurate than I would have expected. Tiny and disappears in a pocket. Shoots easily and fun at range. The safety notch for hammer is a bit fiddle at first. Grip works great. I use This holster which works great.

As a deep backup works fine. Keltec P32 is a bit larger but similar weight, others are alternatives. But I’ve always wanted it, .22 mag is better than a sharp stick Smile. Glad to own one. Like it enough will pickup a top break one of these days.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have a Pug-T. Surprisingly accurate from distances I wouldn’t have expected it to be.
Great for NPE scenarios. Just don’t forget to remove it from your jeans on laundry day!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of keyholing with many of their revolvers. It's common enough that NAA routinely takes the revolvers back for timing adjustment and barrel work.

They're not particularly practical, and their method of nestling the hammer between the cylinders is an invitation for a negligent discharge if the hammer gets bumped and the cylinder rotates under the hammer.

That said, everyone ought to have at least one in the safe somewhere.

I have an Earl with the longer, octagon barrel. It shoots minute-of-broadside-of-barn accuracy, if the user does his part.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An eagle endorsement.

High praise.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My .22 Magnum 1 1/8 barrel NAA Mini Mag is thirty years plus old, has never missed a beat, is carried in their IWB holster and has the large rubber over grip installed. I take it on a run as it slips right into the waste band, is light and very easy to carry. There are folks who will make fun of this revolver but I would say to them... would you like to get hit by a 40gr .22 Magnum round up very close? Better to have this than nothing!

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I would love to have a Pug. It’s on my wish list.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I've got the Sidewinder and hope to get a top-break one of these days.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Had a pug and actually liked it due to the amusement factor and was well built. It came with the non tritium sight and the white fit popped out. Called them and asked if they could send me a tritium sight and I'd install it (obviously offered to pay) and they couldn't but they said send the gun in. Well, I shipped it and heard nothing then it showed back up within a week and a half with the tritium sight and was never charged. So great customer service.

I ended up selling it eventually. It was amusing, but really served no purpose to me. I never carried it as a backup, but it would disappear just about anywhere.

If your heart wants one go for it. Well built and do recommend the pug or ranger. I played with a sidewinder and didn't care for them though.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one and love it. I’ve carried it in my pocket for probably 6 years now and never had any issues with the hammer bumping out of the safety notch. Maybe I’m carrying mine wrong Wink

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Never had a Pug, but have tried several other models and like the Black Widow best.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Damn you SIGforum!

I never wanted one of these before, now I do. This place just causes me to spend money. That Pug sure is a cute lil booger.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had a PUG and it was really fun to shoot and you want to talk about a gun disappearing in your pocket? You could carry two or three of them!

I had mine in a good pocket holster and never had any worries about it coming out of the notch; look at Para's pic and note how deep that notch is. That's a total non-issue IMO

.22 Mag is surprisingly loud at an indoor range and it sure beats not having anything on you when the SHTF. One or two of these in the face or throat of a bad guy would surely ruin his day.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have been kicking around the idea of a mini-revolver for a BUG (Pug for a BUG, get it?), but how hard are they to get into action fast and under stress one-handed? Can you hold on with a barely one-finger grip and cock the hammer without fumbling or dropping it?

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I have been kicking around the idea of a mini-revolver for a BUG (Pug for a BUG, get it?), but how hard are they to get into action fast and under stress one-handed? Can you hold on with a barely one-finger grip and cock the hammer without fumbling or dropping it?

I shot my buddies at the range. I found it surprisingly simple to shoot well. At seven yards I was drilling nice little holes into things.

NOT my first chose for an SD firearms but damn if its better then a sharp stick. Makes quite the "boom" as well.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
The PUG is a nice little BUG. With a decent pocket holster, I never felt like I needed to take anymore care than I would with a different CCW. It is prone to keyhole at 7 yards. Not the range I hope to ever need with it. The loud 22WMR bang from this thing will surprise you.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Lots of keyholing with many of their revolvers. It's common enough that NAA routinely takes the revolvers back for timing adjustment and barrel work.

They're not particularly practical, and their method of nestling the hammer between the cylinders is an invitation for a negligent discharge if the hammer gets bumped and the cylinder rotates under the hammer.

That said, everyone ought to have at least one in the safe somewhere.

I have an Earl with the longer, octagon barrel. It shoots minute-of-broadside-of-barn accuracy, if the user does his part.

I never want to see another one. But, can't blame the pistol, I should have worn earplugs the time I shot the NAA 22 Mag...

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I decided on one after Para’s write up choosing the Tritium Pug in .22 mag with a matched .22 or cylinder. I have carried it as a pocket backup ever since. Also great to have something when I can’t get away with carrying anything bigger. I’ve found that I prefer a kydex holster more than the leather one I initially used. It locks in nicely and covers the hammer and trigger for added piece of mind.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post