SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is The P220 Supermatch Fitted Better?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is The P220 Supermatch Fitted Better? Login/Join 
Picture of martowski
posted
Hey All,

Just looking for some insight from all you P220 experts. Is the current production P220 Supermatch Fitted any differently than a standard production P220? I know it's a S.A. trigger and has different features, but sondering if the Sig factory actually fits the barrel, slide, and frame more precisely on these models. I know individual samples will vary, but wondering if these get any extra hand fitting at the factory.

This is the model I am referring to.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...oduct/50866/redirect

Thanks!

Posts: 109 | Location: Dallas, TX Area | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I had one that was very accurate, but I believe the extra sight radius had more effect rather than fitting. The rear sight had very sharp edges and replacement options were slim to none. I traded for an HK 45 that I shoot just as well, and could be carried without tearing up my hand or clothes if needed. I had hopes to carry the Sig like a full size 1911, but could not reconcile the target sights.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
martowski, I do not believe that SIG fits these guns. They may ensure the barrel lockup is tight, and maybe smooth out the trigger, but that's about it.

They're nice shooters indeed, but they are not full-custom hand fitted pistols.

BTW, CDNN Sports has these available brand new for $999. If you want one, jump on it.

CDNN SIG P220 Supermatch

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't let the fancy name or the Custom Shop label fool you. Yeah, it has the match barrel, but these are just production guns.

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I had the very similar DA/SA Match Model. Looked just like the one in the photo, other than decocker instead of thumb safety. Nice gun, but having owned a bunch of other SIGs over the years to compare, no special fitting.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
You need to remember that due to it's much more modern design that the SIG classic series guns are simply manufactured right from the factory to quality standards and fitment tolerance that are only possible to do in a 1911 by "Custom" work being done to the gun.

SIG doesn't have to over-size parts and then fit them. They simply make the parts to a very tight tolerance and simply assemble the guns. There is no need for "Custom" and it's been that way for a long long time.

That's why I can take a folded slide off of a P220 made in Germany back in 1990 and put it on a P220 that was made in the USA yesterday.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I own and shoot one. It is reasonably accurate, perhaps a little better than my other 220's. Could be the sight radius. Doesn't seem any tighter than my other 220's. CDNN Sports has them cheaper than Buds.
Chris

Posts: 19 | Location: Central NC | Registered: January 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I owned one for about a year and it was an accurate pistol. I attributed some of that to the Single Action trigger because it was an excellent trigger.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post