SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P250 Gen1 -vs- Gen2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P250 Gen1 -vs- Gen2 Login/Join 
posted
Don't know if I've asked the Forum this or not . . .
What was the problem with the Gen1 P250's? Seems like I heard there were "issues" with the first version.
Why the reason for the 2nd Gen???
My son has a Gen1 P250 and it was the first SIG that I ever shot.
Loved it so much I went and got my own. But mine is a Gen2.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think for the P250C, the difference is only the grip frame - the Gen 1 has the SIG Pic rail and the Gen 2 has the standard Pic rail. Also some difference around the magwell which causes some issues with magazines but you can change the grip or baseplates to fix that.

Picture is better

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were initially a lot of complaints about P250s developing light primer strikes over time.

My son bought a P250 as soon as he could find one. Somewhere in the 500-1,000 round range, the hammer force weakened rapidly to the point that it would not ignite a primer. SIG replaced that gun.

I never heard that SIG admitted to any sort of problem that caused light primer strikes, but complaints seemed to disappear after a while.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Over the years I ended up with both versions. I can't say I have any problems out of either. Both shoot well and function after about 800 rounds each. Nice guns but I like the DA then SA of the P228/P226/P220 guns. Just like while I own a couple of P320s, I have not really fallen for the striker either. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post