SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any opinions on Sig P220 SAO elite 10mm?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any opinions on Sig P220 SAO elite 10mm? Login/Join 
posted
I've been looking for a new BBQ gun and man that thing looks pretty. But for $1000+ I want a reliable nice shooting gun too. I'm looking at the stainless with rosewood grips and just want to know if anyone has any first hand opinions on them.

Or any other recommendations? Kinda want a 10mm because I don't have one and feel like I should... but I'm open to other calibers too.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a nitron P220 SAO Elite in 10mm. Very accurate and reliable. It is a beast though! Heavy and a tough slide to rack. The only issue I have had was related to one particular magazine that would not always stay locked in the pistol reliably.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun! Very nicely made! No issues at all with mine.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the DA/SA two tone model and its a sweet shooter and seems pretty accurate and recoil is very manageable. However after the first 250 rounds the magazines(all 4 of them) starting dropping so I sent back to sig yesterday. I'm having the nitron blasted off the slide and Xray sights added. Im not worried about the magazine issue as I am sure it will be resolved as Sig,. Definitely looking forward to the all stainless finish and the new sights

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
I own a nitron P220 SAO Elite in 10mm. Very accurate and reliable. It is a beast though! Heavy and a tough slide to rack. The only issue I have had was related to one particular magazine that would not always stay locked in the pistol reliably.

I have one too, accurate and reliable. No problems to report. I really enjoy shooting it.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Have nitro one that is a joy to shoot. I even carry it in a Garrett Industries holster as my carry piece on occasion. I will say this, you KNOW you are shooting a real caliber when it goes "BOOM".

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid I can't contribute much other than I'd like one too.

I have a Stainless Elite P220 in .45 which is a great pistol.

A 10mm SAO would be something I'd pick up if I stumbled upon one. I'd like a Legion P226 SAO as well.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I have one, it's awesome, best 10mm made bar none.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have one and it is a great pistol. It is heavy with a stiff recoil spring but that makes the recoil pretty mild. It is a superb example of SIG quality. I really like shooting this gun

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Cathy; mine is DA/SA. It's my EDC for over a year now, in a Ted Blocker custom holster.
Have really taken to the 10mm!

Pilotka
NRA Lifer

Posts: 69 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have exactly what you asked about, it is a fantastic gun. It is so good I sold 5 1911 10mm guns (Wilson, Dan Wesson, Fusion and 2 Colts) because none of them compare. That gun made me a lot of money.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post