SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P30 Sight Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P30 Sight Question Login/Join 
posted
Saw a NIB P30SK at the LGS yesterday with 3 dot sights that were slightly yellow in color and I was told by the help that they were not night sights but some sort of hi-viz sight. I think they would be great in anything but absolute darkness. Anyone know what these sights are called in case I want to order a set from HK?

Thanks,

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Stock/Base sights on P30s, VPs are luminescent. You can shine a light on them and they will glow in the dark for about 30 minutes.

Great visibility in daylight.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Putting night sights on my P30 was about the first thing I did with it.
The problem with luminescent sights is that the sights are activated by light. So when the gun is holstered the rear sight gets all the light while the front gets none. When you unholster the gun in low light conditions, the rear sights are fairly bright, & you can hardly see the front. Another solution would be to black out the rear sight dots with a Sharpie, so all you see is the front sight.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post