SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210-2 parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210-2 parts Login/Join 
posted
I've been shooting sigs for years and just joined the forum. I recently purchased a p210-2 and was wondering if anyone knew if there was a source for adjustable rear sights that didn't involve machining the slide? Also, are any variety of the new p210 mags compatible with older pistols? I dont mind doing a reasonable amount of fitting as long as they will be reliable.
Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
P210 Legend magazines will work although you have to file or grind a bevel on the rear of the floor plate, as the photo shows.

Legend_Mod_zps7922f599 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
In addition to GaryBF's suggestion, you can replace the Legend mag baseplate with a P225/P6 baseplate and it will work.

And, Welcome to the forum!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
The only adjustable I know of that will fit without machining is the SIG factory adjustable as used on the 210-6 and other target models. This requires a much taller front sight. Trouble is, I've owned 210s on and off since the '80s, and can only recall seeing one factory adjustable set for sale in all that time. It was NOS, and $400.00. Due to the high price, I hesitated a little too long, and missed out on the set.

I have seen photos of P210s with, what is possibly, an LPA adjustable, which still requires a taller front. I can't say for sure if it's an LPA, because as I say, I've only seen photos. I've also seen pictures of 210s in Europe that have adjustables I'm not familiar with at all.

I wanted an extra magazine for my 210-6, but didn't want to machine the rear of the legend floor plate. I bought a new Legend magazine, and a standard Swiss flat sheet metal floor plate. With the Swiss floor plate in place, the Legend magazine fits and functions perfectly in my Swiss gun.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll check out the legend magazines and see if I can find a floor plate. If all else fails I'll do some careful filing.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
The only adjustable I know of that will fit without machining is the SIG factory adjustable as used on the 210-6 and other target models. This requires a much taller front sight. Trouble is, I've owned 210s on and off since the '80s, and can only recall seeing one factory adjustable set for sale in all that time. It was NOS, and $400.00. Due to the high price, I hesitated a little too long, and missed out on the set.

Dobler of Switzerland is offering an adjustable rear sight for years. It´s about CHF 200.- and it works well with both, the standard sight and the contrast sight. It´s suitable for target competition at 25m/50m. I have one installed on my comptetiton pistol and I´m statisfied. It keeps the zero can be adjusted quickly and there is no issues when it´s been blacked for contrast. It´s the best probably the only alternative to the adjustable factory sight.

http://www.waffen-dobler.ch/

www.wysswaffen.ch

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OTD
Thanks for the info on the adjustable rear sight. I will be emailing them today to clarify that it will work on my pistol and then place an order.
Regarding magazines, I purchases 2 legend magazines and determined that if I swap the original magazine floor plates that they work perfectly. This being done, I carefully filed the rear of the new magazine floor plates and now have 2 extra magazines for a fraction of the cost of factory replacements, if I could even find them.
Thanks again to all the help with these issues!

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The sight dovetail is the same on all Swiss made P210. The Dobler sight will fit but very tightly.
When you decite to keep the original front sight post, choose the narrow rear sight blade. If you have one with the Swiss Army P 75 contrast sight post (most unlikely), or choose the Dobler front sight post, get the wide version of the rear sight blade.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The OP just hasn't looked long enough or hard enough. When I want an adjustable sight for one of mine, I head to my shop and dig around until I find the extra set I've got stashed. The problem seems to be I stash things too well at times. But I usually can find them. Its 2 pieces in a genuine SIG plastic zip lock bag. The bag is getting a bit tattered and it might be in the drawer where I keep my extra magazines. At least that'd be the first place I'd look.

They'd already be on my -7 gun except I don't have and can't find a sight pusher for the job. So we have the status quo as its been for maybe the last 18 or so years. Doesn't matter, since I've never shot the -7 gun and it doesn't look like its even been fired since it left the factory. Don't make the mistake of saying its never been fired. I feel more comfortable knowing it punched holes in the factory target. Big Grin

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post