SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    UPDATED IN FIRST POST - What's the consensus on HK's P2000 V3 in 9mm?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATED IN FIRST POST - What's the consensus on HK's P2000 V3 in 9mm? Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The 11LB hammer spring I referenced earlier. You can also install the lighter HK firing pin block spring which will bring both DA AND SA trigger pull down about another pound.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...ct=1955&idcategory=0

Here is the link on how to do it. I would NOT recommend changing the TRS on the V3 DA/SA. Article in link is for LEM P2000.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-...er-job-part-1-a.html

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
The 11LB hammer spring I referenced earlier. You can also install the lighter HK firing pin block spring which will bring both DA AND SA trigger pull down about another pound.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...ct=1955&idcategory=0

Here is the link on how to do it. I would NOT recommend changing the TRS on the V3 DA/SA. Article in link is for LEM P2000.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-...er-job-part-1-a.html

Thx!

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like them but like my H&K P30SK better.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Or you can just send the pistol to Robert Burke and let him work his magic on it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Or you can just send the pistol to Robert Burke and let him work his magic on it.

I thought of that but $$ are tight right now with the purchase. I like his reset work too.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any reason you dont recommend the lighter TRS?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The TRS tends to be the weak link especially on the LEM guns. Seems to be less likely of an issue on the V3 DA/SA guns.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
That P2K is in great shape! Well worth the price

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

G1, do I only need the 11 lb spring you referenced or do I need additional springs? Hkparts.net wasn't clear. This will be a strict defensive carry and my new qualification gun as an FYI.

Thanks all!

Congrats on the P2000. You don't need the other spring. The 11LB hammer spring itself will make a nice change. If you do that and find you would still like the DA and SA a little lighter then consider doing the lighter FPBS too.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:

Any reason you dont recommend the lighter TRS?

The V3 DA/SA already comes with the light TRS. To go lighter you would need to use the match TRS and there have been reports of users not liking the change to reset which us reportedly more sluggish.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
good to know! thanks!

and congrats to the OP on your new acquisition!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
I'd seriously look into trying a LEM version before getting the V3.

I actually was up at my local Cabelas tonight and they had the first V1 HK I have seen, a P30. I dry fired it and quite liked it. Tbat being said, I just didn't really see a difference between the V3 outside of the decock lever and the ability to cary the LEM cocked (I think that's the proper term).

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I actually was up at my local Cabelas tonight and they had the first V1 HK I have seen, a P30. I dry fired it and quite liked it. Tbat being said, I just didn't really see a difference between the V3 outside of the decock lever and the ability to cary the LEM cocked (I think that's the proper term).

If you were racking the slide before each trigger pull in the LEM it should have been like a 7lb difference or more in trigger pull weight. It is really substantial.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you were racking the slide before each trigger pull in the LEM it should have been like a 7lb difference or more in trigger pull weight. It is really substantial.

I did rack the slide each time. It reminded me of going from a DA to SA pull on a V3. Perhaps I need to shoot one to really see and feel the difference/concept. However, like I said, I didn't find the V1 objectionable just different.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth I don't care for the LEM. Something about the hammer travel on reset bugs the hell out of me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post