SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    UPDATED IN FIRST POST - What's the consensus on HK's P2000 V3 in 9mm?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATED IN FIRST POST - What's the consensus on HK's P2000 V3 in 9mm? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
There is a dearth of information on the forum. For handguns the size of the Glock 19, it really fits my hand well, points, well, etc. I've located one for a good deal and I'm thinking of buying it. But first, I thought I would see what the forum thought.

I picked it up so I figured I should add the obligatory "pic or didn't happen" picture (click on the picture to enlarge).

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

It has the HK45c magazine release already installed. I've got to get some night sights. With that in mind, I also compared it to a W. German P228 which is leading to me to consider adding the upgrades Grumpy1 suggested. G1, do I only need the 11 lb spring you referenced or do I need additional springs? Hkparts.net wasn't clear. This will be a strict defensive carry and my new qualification gun as an FYI.

Thanks all!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what info you need. It's completely good to go IMO. I've carried one forever and shot it lots. Many prefer some other version (the LEM people will be along shortly) but I prefer V3. The trigger is not fantastic in DA but perfectly acceptable. Mags are expensive compared to a G19 but that's always true on most other guns (sigs included).
I can't think of a downside.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I had a USP Compact in 9mm that i wanted to love soo much. I got it for $500, it was well-cared for but had a certain wear to the slide just from holster that made it look super nice to me. But my problem was aim. Draw-and-fire was 3 to 6 inches low. The natural point of aim was just OFF for me.

But i picked up a P2000 a month or two ago at the gun store. After a year or so of assuming I would have the same issue with it i was pleasantly surprised. It felt like an HK. Felt similar to the USPc. But aimed naturally for me. The backstrap is what does it.

So ive been hunting around for deals and found a decent price on one last night. Im excited to try it out!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
P2000 is a terrific pistol with a proven track record of reliability and performance.

I wish I could find one locally to try out as I am kind of interested in getting a DA/SA for myself.

New P2000 V3 9MM go for under $600 these days.

The DA trigger pull can be made quite a bit better with a simple hammer spring change with factory installed being 14LB I believe. HK Parts has the new Lazy Wolf 11 LB spring in stock for $10.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...t=18147&idcategory=0

HK Pistol Intermediate Hammer Spring - 11 lb.

An exciting new offering as a joint collaboration from the widely renowned pistol smith Lazy Wolf Guns & HK Parts! This custom spring was designed exclusively by master trigger smith Rick Holm at LWG where his custom spring line is used in all of his high grade custom Heckler & Koch action jobs for more than 4 years. Appropriate for use in competition or defensive pistols for maximum trigger pull weight reduction. This spring bridges the gap between the 10lb and the 12lb pound hammer springs, offering the end user more ability to fine tune the break weight of a pistol. Used with light springs through the rest of the pistol will drop the single action break weight to approximately 3.75-4lbs (SA/DA & LEM), and 8.5-9lbs on the double action. Works in both LEM models and standard Non-LEM models alike.

Fits ALL of the following SA/DA & LEM variants & models below:

HK P30, P30S, P30L
HK45, HK45 Tactical
ALL USP Full Size Models
All USP Compact Models
All USP Tactical, Elite, Expert Models
HK P2000

Please note: This spring can be used with both soft and hard primers with reliable detonation. Actual trigger pull weights will vary depending on any number of unique pistol variables.

Will not fit the P2000SK, P30SK, HK45C, HK45C Tactical, Mark 23 or VP series of pistols. See these pistol sections for other hammer spring offerings.
SKU: LWGHS11
Brand: Lazy Wolf Guns
Origin: USA

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Have 9mm and .40 cal V3 P2000s. They are my pistol of choice. Think hammer fired Glock 19.

They are great to carry, big enough to work nightstand duty and are extremely comfortable. They use USPc mags which are fairly inexpensive and can use P30/VP9 mags as well.

They are GREAT guns if you want a hammered fired offering. Triggers are the weak spot but get better with use.

One for nightstand, one for carry. Very happy with them.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its an underappreciated but awesome gun, one of the very few pistols that are G19 sized. The USP compact has a trigger that can be configured in a wider variety of configurations but its more expensive and I like the P2000's grip more. Some people don't like the placement of the decocking lever but I like it, its very intuitive.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You buy a P2000 despite the trigger, as opposed to for the trigger. A GG/LW tuned LEM is likely the best P series trigger.

Posts: 183 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Its has one the best TDA triggers Hk put in a pistol. I'm a fan of the bilateral mag release paddles. The decocker is perfectly located and easily actuated by the base of my thumb when needed. The pistol Ergos are quite good and make it a very comfortable pistol to shoot. I need not remind you how robust they are. One of the toughest pistols going. I wouldn't hesitate if the price is right.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at $515 NIB out the door seems like a good price to me (No night sights at this price).

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I'm looking at $515 NIB out the door seems like a good price to me (No night sights at this price).

The one I found was $575 with night sights, lightly used. $515 new is about $110 less than the local shop here wants for theirs.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Depending upon its physical condition, Thats a good price...
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Yep, P2000 V3 is a great pistol. I've had one for about 8 years now and it has functioned perfectly with all sorts of ammo. Accurate and easy to shoot save the heavy DA trigger.

It used to be my go to carry gun when I could manage an OWB holster. I found it a bit thick for IWB carry, but I know many people do carry it that way. I've since gone to a G19 for that carry mode mostly because of the lighter weight of the Glock. The P2000 now pulls duty in my office desk drawer.

I've seen them priced under $600 new. They are built like tanks, so I wouldn't worry much about a used gun unless it's been totally abused.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up one from cdnn a while back for a little over 500 and have been impressed. I prefer the usp compact though. I prefer the smooth sides of the p2000 grip for carrying iwb, but like the shape of the uspc grip and hammer design better.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I have two P2000's: the LEM gets carried every day & the DA lives on the night stand. Never an issue with either over several years & several thousand rounds of 124gr FMJs & JHPs. Also, grumpy1's tip on the hammer spring is right on....makes a so-so trigger pull more than tolerable.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
The p2000 LEM was one of if not my favorite all around do it all hand gun ever.

It only hold 13 vs 15 but from a pure size concealability(flat base plates are awesome) /shootabiltity perspective (can also add 15rnd P30 mags)I think it's one of the best ever with the g19

If you like da/sa and you can find some great deals on one I would give it three thumbs up.

And those HK hammer fired guns just plain shoot all day everyday.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can go wrong with a P2k. I have a V3 I picked up a year ago for $350 only because it had 10 round mags, but it hasn't been too difficult to find 13 rounders. Mine came with the reduced power hammer spring and nickel sear spring already installed. It's accurate as hell, and comfortably to carry. I REALLY like the rubberized back straps and stippling on the front. I'd like that the sides matched the front, however. Sights and mags are USPc compatible, and as stated previously P30/Veep mags work and there are grip adapters for them. The only other upgrade I've done is adding the HK45c mag mag release and some Tru-Dot night sights. I plan to add an Inforce APLc to it soon. From a price perspective, I would take this over a Glock 19 Gen 4 for the same or less money new/new all day everyday!

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
I'd seriously look into trying a LEM version before getting the V3.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've had mine since 2004. Used to have a USPc in 9mm but got rid of that because the P2K felt better in my hands.

I have a 9mm and .357 SIG in P2K. The .357 is my road trip pistol.

Great shooter in SA, not so much in DA. It's relatively light and conceals well with the right belt/holster.

My P2K is my oldest gun, I've held onto it for a reason. Big Grin

I picked up magazines here on the forum when a good deal comes along, they're not cheap even used. Picked up some flat magazine floor plates as they made a huge difference. One of my favorite pistols for sure.

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Have USPC and P2000. Both in 357SIG. Love the guns. Prefer the P2000. Both are DA/SA. Hate the LEM personally.

Both have had internals and slides redone in NP3 which really smoothed out the trigger pull.

Had my USPc45 and VP9 done as well in NP3.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Grump1 and Kholm for a CCW gun, what are the exact springs you suggest to lower the DA pull without compromising reliability when using hard and soft primers. Thanks!