SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig M18's Being Delivered
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig M18's Being Delivered Login/Join 
posted
I just visited an Air Force Base and noticed that the Security Police are being issued M18's. I asked the Airman at the Main Gate what he thought about the weapon, and he had glowing remarks of the handling and accuracy of the pistol.

Posts: 7 | Location: Glucksdadt, MS | Registered: September 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave

That was the Compact Sig?
We have been told we'll get our M17's/M18's next month(August). But won't get to the range until September so won't be carrying them till then.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi James,
Yes that's the compact version of the M17.
From what I understand, this version is going to be issued to security police and investigators. The Marines have adopted the M18 as the replacement for the .45 ACP handguns, primarily the M25.
The M18 is a 9mm, striker-fired pistol featuring a coyote-tan PVD coated stainless steel slide with black controls. The pistol is equipped with SIGLITE front night sights and removable night sight rear plate, and manual safety.
I was at Andrews AFB.

Posts: 7 | Location: Glucksdadt, MS | Registered: September 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by depusm12:
That was the Compact Sig?

Sort of. Slightly shorter slide than the M17, but same full length grip.

Analogous to the P320 Carry.

(M17 on top with extended magazine; M18 on bottom)

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post