SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a Sig P210-2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a Sig P210-2 Login/Join 
posted
I picked up this later model P210-2 in outstanding condition for $2400 OTD this afternoon. This one was built in 2002 by Swiss Arms (formally Sig in Switzerland). The 50 meter test target is 6 shots within 2". Not too shabby.

These later -2 variants are not very common. Swiss Arms only built them for short time, as most of their P210 production were Heavy Frame -5 or -6 models. In fact, I have a 2003 P210 catalog and the -2 isn't even listed.

Unlike the earlier P210-2 pistols, these were actually stamped with the model number and had wood grips. I'll also note that this example has the CNC machined frame, while most the early models had forged frames.

At any rate, I bought it as a future investment since the price was so good and as a shooter. Sadly, build quality like this is long gone.

I tried to capture some of the precision these things were built with in the pictures, right done to the roll marks. Cool

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pics...

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it is with my others.

Left to right: 1954 P210-1, 1967 P210-6, 1975 P210-6HF, 2002 P210-2, and 2003 P210-6HF

posted Hide Post
Damn. That is just gorgeous

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
They are all magnificent...what is the difference of the heavy frames?

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful, all of them. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:

The heavy frame guns have more material on the frame. thus the frame is heavier. for example, look at the difference between the two guns at the far right of the picture. the one with the big target sights, on the right, is wider in the area of the frame that is right underneath the slide, in the section right underneath the serial number on the frame. looks more like a ramp whereas the other one looks like stairs/steps

the new German and American P210's are all based off of the heavy frame construction

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 328 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
I see it...thanks tigerblood. The beavertails look like they have that same type of slope also.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Breathtaking! Congrats! Nice addition to the burgeoning family.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for the kind words

posted Hide Post
Very nice collection. One day I'll have a P210

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That's a real beauty and you got a smokin' deal on it!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
quote:

The heavy frame guns have more material on the frame. thus the frame is heavier. for example, look at the difference between the two guns at the far right of the picture. the one with the big target sights, on the right, is wider in the area of the frame that is right underneath the slide, in the section right underneath the serial number on the frame. looks more like a ramp whereas the other one looks like stairs/steps

the new German and American P210's are all based off of the heavy frame construction
Interesting take on the frames. The 3rd pistol is marked Heavy Frame yet it is different than the last pistols frame. Beautiful lot of P210s bac.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
quote:

Interesting take on the frames. The 3rd pistol is marked Heavy Frame yet it is different than the last pistols frame. Beautiful lot of P210s bac.

I believe that the third one is milled from a steel forging, while the last one is milled from steel billet Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I believe that the third one is milled from a steel forging, while the last one is milled from steel billet Smile

Good eyes

Yes, the one in the middle is like the holy grail of P210 pistols, being a forged Heavy Frame. Only a coupe hundred were built during the mid 70's. The vast majority of what's still left 40+ years later are in Europe, so its not something you see every day or ever. If you ever see a P210 with a serial number below 300,000 and marked Heavy Frame at a reasonable price, I suggest you grab it. They bring a fortune at auction.

I always think I'm going to see one somewhere for sale without the seller knowing what it is. However, I think they're all accounted for and in the hands of advanced collectors by this point.

At any rate, you can see the difference in appearance.

Here's the relatively common CNC Heavy Frame

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good eyes

Yes, the one in the middle is like the holy grail of P210 pistols, being a forged Heavy Frame. Only a coupe hundred were built during the mid 70's. The vast majority of what's still left 40+ years later are in Europe, so its not something you see every day or ever. If you ever see a P210 with a serial number below 300,000 and marked Heavy Frame at a reasonable price, I suggest you grab it. They bring a fortune at auction.

I always think I'm going to see one somewhere for sale without the seller knowing what it is. However, I think they're all accounted for and in the hands of advanced collectors by this point.

Amazing guns. I've been looking for a forged P210 for a while. Ideally, I'd like a heavy frame exactly like the one you have pictured, but if I didn't find it, I'd go for a P210-1 or P210-2. I've never been into target sights or extended barrels or anything like that. So for me, it's either the heavy frame, or whatever was standard for the Swiss Army/its civilian counterpart. Don't know how much I should expect to pay for one in pristine condition though. prices seem to vary wildly, that it is hard for me to establish a baseline

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good eyes

Amazing guns. I've been looking for a forged P210 for a while. Ideally, I'd like a heavy frame exactly like the one you have pictured, but if I didn't find it, I'd go for a P210-1 or P210-2. I've never been into target sights or extended barrels or anything like that. So for me, it's either the heavy frame, or whatever was standard for the Swiss Army/its civilian counterpart. Don't know how much I should expect to pay for one in pristine condition though. prices seem to vary wildly, that it is hard for me to establish a baseline

The forged Heavy Frames don’t pop up on GB more than once in a great while. The Heavy Frames (forged or otherwise) were target models with the short, light trigger. Most had target sights, but some didn’t, like mine above.

A older -1 or -2 will have the standard forged frame like my -1 and 1967 -6 above.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Nice pistol!

On the test target I see a “Distanz” value of 25m. I thought all Swiss P210s were test fired at 50m.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats! Nice pistol!

On the test target I see a “Distanz” value of 25m. I thought all Swiss P210s were test fired at 50m.

It’s 50 meters

50 is checked. 25 is crossed out.

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Now you need to locate a P210-5 Heavy Frame.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
Now you need to locate a P210-5 Heavy Frame.

Yeah those are nice.

I almost got one a few times.