SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p320x5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p320x5 Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone carried the Sig p320 x5 on duty yet? I had my on the street approx. 1 week and the magwell bent at the base of the frame. Wondering in anyone else has this issue?????

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock Troll???

Posts: 81 | Location: Part of the 14th state that did not ratify to join the Union! | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a glock troll. Just switched to the Sig x5 and was wondering if anyone else carried it on duty. Pistol is currently back at Sig being repaired

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crm1207:
Has anyone carried the Sig p320 x5 on duty yet? I had my on the street approx. 1 week and the magwell bent at the base of the frame. Wondering in anyone else has this issue?????

How did the magwell bend at the base of the frame?
Sideways? Front to back?

Did it just bend, or was there an impact?
Pictures?

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
You may want to provide a little more backstory and perhaps some pics as it's a little ambiguous. I'm sure there had to be a significant impact to do such a thing.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I too would like to hear the Paul Harvey as well. I wouldn't think that the X5 would be a good choice as a duty pistol anyways. The length of the butt sitting in a car all day would be uncomfortable.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I would like to know what duty holster you were carrying the X5 in since Safariland doesn't have one for it yet.

The X5 is longer than a full size 320 and I know it won't fit in the ALS holsters for the 320 full size. The X frame also has a few clearance issues with the current duty holsters.

Smile

My BS meter is starting to move

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Y'all scared the troll off. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
On top of the fact, the X5 is probably the last pistol I would have chosen as a duty pistol.

While it is cool and they shoot very well, it is geared more towards Comp use rather than packing in a duty holster.

There are far better options out there.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Y'all scared the troll off. Eek

Ya'll? You got a mouse in your pocket? I haven't brought out any butt hurt in this thread. /the day is young/

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crm1207:

Seems the plastic frame would give before the aluminum mag well guide. I haven't handled one yet though.

Regardless, I think this gun is a poor choice for LE work with the bells and whistles added. It's certainly not police officer proof.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Bad enough carrying the S&W 659 on a duty belt for years. Why would anyone pick a X5 for duty use?

MAYBE with the magwell off. Never a fan of adjustable sights on a duty handgun. My fixed sights got beat up and I'd have an issue believing the adjustable versions would hold it's accuracy.

The standard 320 is much more suitable, not to mention cost effective.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That magwell is a sturdy piece of metal.
It's not going to "bend".

Any impact strong enough to damage the magwell would also destroy the frame of the gun.

I don't think SIG would fix that under warranty.
That would be abuse.

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post