SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92FS Compact L (Type-M)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92FS Compact L (Type-M) Login/Join 
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
That's some single stack nine goodness. Nice find! As Para said, fits really nicely in my hand.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
I have a 92SB type M, as Para had noted, the pistol feels superb in my hand as well.

Great pick up for a pretty uncommon pistol, it will continue to climb in value!

I love my wife, kids, dogs, Sigs, and Glocks, knives--In no particular order!

Posts: 690 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The love affair sure didn’t last long! Lol

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
The love affair sure didn’t last long! Lol

He probably realized what it’s worth. Here is a Custom Carry II 92F type M that I used to own. Wish I would have held on to it.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, that would be 1989. Probably from the same run.

I'll have to run down more info...thought the SB's went away long before 1989.

I have an unfired long barrel Mod. 71 that was proofed AU but they stopped making them many years before. Like the recent 92S models, proof dates don't indicate year of manufacture of course. In the case of my 71, its off by a decade or so. I'm guessing Beretta Italy found a stash they had forgotten about and exported them.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow I really like this single stack. type m. Another one I just ran across the other day is 81 in 32 acp. Now i would like both... Groan.... Lovely guns guys. thanks for sharing.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I should have worn the white pants before opening this.

I have always loved these. Had one in hand in the early 2000's and didn't bite while I do regret not buying the gun I know how fast I sell them. So I now just admire them when I see them.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My first pistol was a Centurion in 40. That grip was just too large. I'd like to try a Compact single stack but have yet to run across one. Those Berettas look great. The fit and finish is among the best. Really smooth.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Got this off Gunbroker for $425. Sent the slide to Wilson Combat for the FO front sight and plain rear sight, and milled it for G conversion. Added the LTT grips, Elite hammer, Wilson Combat trigger bar, and 13lb mainspring. The trigger on this is phenomenal, and was already smooth from the factory. The magazine is a 15 round Mec-Gar from our man Greg Cote. The baseplate on it is from an old 17 round Mec-Gar magazine.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: L90814,

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lusting after an M9 since I bought my 92 compact 2 weeks ago. But this single stack M looks incredible. Can anyone point me in the right direction about info on these? Can't seem to find much.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
OK , you guy need to stop this right now....... damn......

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of lusting after a Beretta, my LGS has an Inox 92 Compact...so tempting.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh, this thread is killing me. Dusty, I too had a custom carry that i picked up new several years ago. Somebody ordered it for his wife and when it came into the FFL she didn't want it so i snapped it up. Its in my top 3 guns i regret trading.
Those are great looking pistols and great find for you guys. I am not sure I could just look at them though. They are such nice shooters (and actually CCW pistol if you want to carry something with a safety) i really envy your self control if you just have them to look at !!

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Here's my type M

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I may do a few things to it down the road(night sights, skeletonized hammer). But in the mean time it is a decent carry gun that satisfies the Beretta fanboy in me.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

AU date code = '89

Posts: 66 | Location: Boca Raton FL | Registered: April 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Same as above; sb;

Posts: 66 | Location: Boca Raton FL | Registered: April 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet Berettas!

Posts: 717 | Location: Keystone State  | Registered: November 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post