SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any HK P2000 owners?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any HK P2000 owners? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by southcounty:
A P2000 V3 in .40 is my primary carry. Reliable, accurate, feels good in the hand and a nice shooter.

P2000sk V3 in .40 is my primary carry. At the range I have tried the 357 barrel as well. I went from striker to hammer and this replaced my G27. That said, I prefer the light lem trigger on my V1 P30.

I may sell off the P2000sk in exchange for a p30sk V1.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P2000 in 9mm and another one in 40/357 Sig. Both are DA/SA and often ride as my CCW. My 9mm version fully loaded is only a half ounce heavier than a Glock 19 and the 40/357 only slightly more. I really like the P2000 and think they are very under rated. If I had to offer only one change, it would be a more aggressive stippling on the grip. If I can find a local smith that has that offering, I may get mine stippled for a more positive grip.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was issued a P2000 40S&W LEM back in 2010. I have fired thousands of rounds through the gun. 1)I can honestly say I hate the HK LEM trigger. 2)We have found that when the HK magazines hit the ground (hard surface/concrete) the rubber floor plates will sometimes shift slightly forward. When you complete your shooting drill/qualification you pick up your mags and reload for the next drill or for carry. When you reach for your spear mag during a reload and try to insert the mag(base plate has shifted forward after the drop) it will not completely seat into the gun rendering the gun out of service! I now always reload my mags and make sure the rubber base plate has not shifted forward. 3) My agencies marine unit had such a problem with the P2000 rusting that the agency had to replace there P2000 with Glocks. 4) The stupid rubber base plate has a tendency to snag on everything which is very annoying especially for canceled carry.

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They made a baseplate out of a different material to address that. Plus, the malfunction you describe once you know it’s possible is amazingly easy to check for/fix. It also only happens when you drop them on a hard surface. It’s a training issue. Been hearing about it for years. Witnessed it once or twice. Drop your mags then pick them up and check the floor plate.

LEM is a love hate thing, agree with you there. Heard about the rust thing. It is the spring under the ambi slide release I believe. I’ve been told to add a drop of oil there. Not in the manual. I don’t work around saltwater though so never noticed this personally.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
357. Bought it when it first came out to replace my USPC357 as my off duty gun.

I hate LEM so I always get DA/SA and all my HKs get sent to Robar for NP3 which makes the trigger pulls smoother.

I’ve switched to Glocks for off duty carry now (since it’s what I am issued) and my HKs are play guns.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
My P2000 light LEM has been my carry gun, with no issues at all, for the past 5 years. Love the gun. Recently relegated to occasional use when the G5 19 was purchased. (Only reason I retired it is my PC Carbine also uses Glock mags + the G5 has no finger grooves.)

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Here is a thread I posted a little while back describing what I personally like about my P2000s. If it helps.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...540011134#2540011134

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
Got several P2000 and P2000SKs....all V3 and in 357. The recoil reduction system is great, and in 9mm is a very soft shooting gun.
Reliability wise, I don't ever remember one failing. Parts are abundant. You can easily improve trigger pull by replacing the hammer spring with a 10lb one. For even better trigger feel, Robert Burke is the man. Great prices, personal service, and quick turn.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was limitd to one gun, it would be my p2000. I have .40 and .357 barrels. I also have a p2000sk that I would choose as a second. Both are v3. I carry extra p2000 mags as spares for both guns. I would like to have one in 9mm too.

I must add that I recently got a SW M&P, compact 2nd generation that compares nicely with the p2000.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post