SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any HK P2000 owners?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any HK P2000 owners? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
What are your thoughts on this pistol? What caliber/version do you have? Let’s hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. I can’t stand the feel of the USP compact, but the P2000 feels great in the hand. What say you all?

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought another P2000sk light LEM this weekend. I had the 40S&W version and wanted it's twin in 9x19.

I have a total of 4 P2000's. They are totally reliable like almost all H&K's. They are a little thinner than P30's since they don't have the thicker replaceable side panels. I tend to prefer the P2000's for IWB carry since they are thinner and the P30's for OWB since the thicker grip is a little more adjustable and hand filling. Pretty tiny differences really both are EXCELLENT pistols.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my H&K 2000 9mm years ago it is one of the most accurate small guns that i have. I also have the 45 compact H&K.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I bought a 9mm P2000 V2 and converted it to V1 (light LEM). I am very pleased with how the gun shoots and feels. I also installed the extended magazine release from the HK45C; a highly recommended modification.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First there is simply no bad or ugly on these guns. They don't have any problems, recalls, issues, etc. They will last forever. I prefer the DA/SA one but that's just me. Many like LEM.
Mags are a bit pricy but other than that its hard to even think of a negative.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I have one in 9mm. Just like GaryBF, I converted my V2 to V1, light LEM, and added the extended mag release. I also added the slimmer slide lock lever. I really like it, it is my first LEM HK and will be adding it to my CCW.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
P2000 LEM 9 milly. I bought my first one years ago when the USP compact I wanted sold a few minutes before I arrived at my LGS.

Never regretted that happy accident. They are really great guns.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
My main carry weapon is a P2000SK LEM in 357. I've had a full size in 357 V3, and another in 40 LEM.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a P2000SK Light LEM with Gray Guns action work.

Love the pistol - it carries great and I really like the light LEM action - like a light 2-stage AR trigger, albeit with a much longer first stage, but once you shoot you can ride the short reset for follow on shots.

I do with the pinky extensions for the flush fit mags was a little bigger - the are a bit too small for me and my regular, joe medium hands.

I don't carry it anymore as I've gone all Glocks / G19, but I would without hesitation if I had to (like carry somewhere with mag restrictions, etc).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Have .40 and 9mm as well as an SK in 9mm.

I have nothing bad to say about them except the standard mediocre trigger. Reliable, soft shooting accurate. The P2000 carries wonderfully and the finish is hell for stout.

Big fan. Think of the P2000 as a hammer fired Glock 19/23.

Mags are USPc so not all that expensive, will also run P30/VP9 mags.

Keep in mind HK doesn’t warranty or technically allow trigger type conversions like the USP but if you get a V3 you are able to convert to any of the other modes should you desire.

I would recommend running hotter or heavier ammo through any HK, especially the 9mms for the first 200 rounds or so. 147 grain, NATO spec or decent 124 grain stuff before running 115 grain powderpuff stuff.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I currently have 3 P2000s and 2 P2000SKs. All of them are V3 DA/SA, 2 P2000 & 1 SK are in 357 Sig, the other 2 are 9mm. The P2000/SK in 357 Sig we’re both carry guns for almost 8 years until they were replaced by the 9mm P2000/SK. Both 9mm guns have had action work done by Grayguns and have superb triggers. I shoot the P2000 9mm as good as any gun I have ever owned in both speed and accuracy. The 9mm SK is almost as good, but makes up for that in increased concealment.

It’s been almost a decade since I started carrying the HKs and haven’t felt the need to look elsewhere for something better. The stock triggers aren’t that great, but the rest of the gun fits my hands just about perfect.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Is my primary carry. 9mm/lem. Very happy with it.
Had a G26 too...made a choice one day to stick with the p2000sk.

Not regreting it either.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The p2000 .40sw was my first H&K. Since acquiring other H&Ks including a USP 9 Compact and the p2000sk 9, the p30sk 9 and the Vp9sk, the bigger Vp9, the usp45c and the HK45c, The p2000 is the best!
I use it in .40, in 357sig (w/barrel exchange) and in 9mm with barrel and recoil spring exchange. Wow how Versatile! And all the positive traits above described are true; it’s even better than the USP 9c! I have been carrying it lately in a Garret IWB and configured in 9mm.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a 2000sk 9mm for a couple years and like it. I don't usually carry it but when I look at it and my hk 45c, they are like the BMW of handguns. Fit, finish and build quality....all top drawer with hk.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

Keep in mind HK doesn’t warranty or technically allow trigger type conversions like the USP but if you get a V3 you are able to convert to any of the other modes should you desire.

I can't imagine why that would be the case, as the P2000 is available in multiple trigger versions, just like the other handguns. Mine has a LEM.

I carried the P2000SK in an ankle holster for years. Mine is .40 and I found it an easy to shoot, reliable, comfortable pistol with that cartridge.

After a time, I began to have issues with the second to last round in all of the magazines, and found that there was zero spring tension on any of them, allowing the round to not feed to to malfunction. At the time, I attended an NRA convention and spoke with a factory rep at the HK booth. The rep told me it was occurring because I kept my mags loaded and said I should only load then when shooting, which was some of most ridiculous counsel I'd ever heard.

HK makes a very poor double action trigger, but it's serviceable and works. It can be improved. The LEM trigger is fine, and the single action trigger is just fine. The pistols are reliable, comfortable to shoot, and well designed.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
The P2000 is my duty gun. I've had it for 10 years and never had a problem. We shoot the .40 and it has been totally reliable. We are going to transition to 9mm in the next year or so and I expect we will probably go to one of the newer striker fired pistols. If they would let us buy our current gun I definitely would.

I did add the talon grips to my gun and it really helped my shooting, especially in the summer here in Texas when your hands just sweat a shit-ton.

I expect a 9mm P2000 would be a real fine shooter.

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I had a P2000 40, and thought it might be the perfect carry gun. In my range trips I shot "OK" with it, but nothing special. I really love the size and feel of the gun.

Then I took an OP-Spec Practical Fundamentals course with it.....at least for the first day. After 400+ rounds, my trigger finger actually hurt, and my shooting was so-so. The next day I brought my XDm. What a difference! It was not only more pleasant to shoot, but my shooting was so much better.

I sold the P2000 the next week. I just couldn't get comfortable shooting it, and I realized I just couldn't shoot it well because of the trigger.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the P2000 9mm, as accurate as my P226 at 25m, not a single jam in 12'500 rounds, amazing!!

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P2000 LEM. Great gun. Great ergo's. Reliable, accurate, always looking for a spare. Shares mags with the USPc.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P2000 V3 in .40 is my primary carry. Reliable, accurate, feels good in the hand and a nice shooter.

Posts: 8 | Registered: September 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post